I passed my road test(Last Thursday)

I like automatic transmissions personally, growing up on a farm I had to learn to drive stick shifts because all our trucks were sticks....they aren't too hard to learn to drive, it just takes a little time to get used to the clutch.

I also never understood why road systems are so different in the US and the UK, I don't think I could never get used to the steering wheel being on the other side of the car...I'd have a mild heart attack everytime I met a car lol

yeah but that goes both ways. manuals does have benefits like starting off in second if youre in snow

yeah but that goes both ways. manuals does have benefits like starting off in second if youre in snow

That's what four wheel drive is for in a Jeep :D

Yeah, stick is fine once your moving... my biggest problem is getting going... after that It's nice.

True, it's nice to be able to start in another gear...haha but I dont know about the snow part, it don't snow to awful much here in Alabama:p

One of the down sides of manuals is if your in heavy traffic and have to shift gears alot.

That's what four wheel drive is for in a Jeep :D

Yeah, stick is fine once your moving... my biggest problem is getting going... after that It's nice.

Mine too...it's especially hard if the clutch is really sensitive lol

Another advantage using manual is the push start method. I don't know if the newer cars can do still, but it was a life saver for me quite a few times!!!

The first vehicle I ever drove was my dad's old stick Ford Ranger. That clutch wasn't too hard to work considering it seemed easy when I was 10 (I drove it on our property). Then I try my dad's car ('89 Mercury Tracer) also stick, and the clutch is terrible. My dad got a new Ranger since, stick of course, and I've only driven it a few times.

I don't think I would last driving stick on the road. If I had to stop I'd probably get stuck trying to start again. I was in a parking lot one time and the guy in front of us apparently couldn't drive stick because he stalled it while going over a speed bump, and couldn't get it started for awhile. I just saved myself the trouble and got an auto car.

Back
Top Bottom