Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: i need some opinions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-knox View Post
Good on you. There's a reason why this financial crisis is called the credit crunch.

If i were you i'd work at the cheese plant, better hours, better pay, less mileage. Makes sense
Don't be hatin' on student loans. I'm going to have to take out about $750,000 in them.

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Honestly if this is just for temporary so you can save up enough money to join the police i would say cheese plant , better pay and its closer to you .And you will know people who work there
actually, i wouldn't know anyone that worked in my plant because they'll probably split me up from my brother and my uncle is a maintenance mechanic lol and i already have friends at the relay job...

i think i want to work there for around 2 years for the cheese factory and for the relay job... prbly like 3-4 till i can afford it ha

Old 07-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

thelis, what college requires three quarter of a million ?

thats like 16 years of private school
OCZ 550 Watt Modular|Intel E7300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.66ghz|Gigabyte EP45UD3R|4 GB Corsair 800 DDR2|Geforce 8800 GTX|Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA|Samsung 160GB 7200RPM SATA|120 GB External WD Passport HD|Microsoft 3 Button Optical Mouse|Lite-On 2 Tone Standard Keyboard|ViewSonic 22in Wide Screen|Logitec x-540|Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
allendale2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendale2008 View Post
thelis, what college requires three quarter of a million ?

thats like 16 years of private school
Med school.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Don't be hatin' on student loans.
This.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

wow well today i had one of the worst day's i've ever had... i had about 2 hours left of my shift and a call drops in... it lasted 1 hour and 22 mins... worst call of my life... i got so stressed out that i had to sit there and breathe for like 5 mins to try and cool off after i punched out i seriously felt like ripping my hair out... i really think the cheese company will be a better job because a lot less stress to have to deal with... as soon as i saw a huge opening on the freeway i punched it and got up to 115... usually if i go that fast i'll get my heart pounding and holding on and get a rush but nope... i just went.. wanted to go a lot faster but was closing in on the cars pretty fast... grr just worst work day of my life... a lot of it has to do with my personal life because i'm stressing out a lot right now.. =(
they way i figure it, i'll have hours i like for like 6 months out of the year compared to maybe a day or 2 here or there.... like once every 5-6 months.. =\ plus a lot better pay and all that.. aka having to work for less time while still being able to buy stuff i want along the way of saving up...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

wow man that stinks. Call in sick for a day and just relax, talk a walk some place and cool down. I like to do that when things are out of hand. I go to some woods near me and just walk the paths and think.
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I would take either job really... I work as a janitor on the summer mainenance crew now. It'd kind of fun. I am one of 8 students they hire every summer to do all the summer work. A lot goes on at the schools during summer...

Take a student loan, and go through the police academy. a 10k loan will not be a problem to pay back. Saving up 10k ahead of time is just plain stupid and ignorant. Get the loan and do it now. My nieghbor makes about 100k a year. Police officer... Actually, he is Police Chief in this little town. Compare that to your 16 an hour... Work 3 years as a cheese factory guy, make 30k a year. Or.... take out a loan, 10k, get your job as a police officer, make 60k a year for 3 years... you have 90k more then you would have working at the cheese factory. Pay your loan back, you still have 75-80k more...
Just think logically. If you can be smart, credit is a wonderful thing. Credit is only bad in the hands of an American Idiot(75% of America).
Old 07-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Take a student loan, and go through the police academy. a 10k loan will not be a problem to pay back. Saving up 10k ahead of time is just plain stupid and ignorant. Get the loan and do it now. My nieghbor makes about 100k a year. Police officer... Actually, he is Police Chief in this little town. Compare that to your 16 an hour... Work 3 years as a cheese factory guy, make 30k a year. Or.... take out a loan, 10k, get your job as a police officer, make 60k a year for 3 years... you have 90k more then you would have working at the cheese factory. Pay your loan back, you still have 75-80k more...
Just think logically. If you can be smart, credit is a wonderful thing. Credit is only bad in the hands of an American Idiot(75% of America).
Thank you. At least someone else besides me realizes this.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #20
Daemon Poster

yeah but the thing is though about it is right now there isn't any police officer jobs AT ALL the police academy is currently closed because no one is hiring so there's no point in having it open... that's why i would rather just save up in the mean time until job's become available, now do you understand where i'm coming from? only thing i could do is go to college for some law classes but that would suck.. lol