Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: I need help with a tough decision.

Annoyingly simple, but Rubber314Chicken's idea sounds like it helps everyone and allows you to gain the skills needed to get a great job when the economy picks back up.

New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
In Runtime

To be conclusive bro, You need to finish out school. ESPECIALLY in today's economy. I know how hard it is to find a job being a college student, and I couldnt even imagine how hard it'd be without a high school diploma. Bite the bullet for a year and you'll live happier for many more. As someone suggested earleir, you school probably has a work program where you only take 2-4 hours of classes (usually math and english is all you need) and then you take a work study school then youre out for the day so you can go and work. I think the minimum worked hours is 15 or 20 or something. Check it and see.

Bottom line, do NOT drop out of high school. Please don't throw that away.

AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 GHz - MSI DKA790GX - Mushkin 4GB DDR2 - HIS Radeon 4870 1GB - XION 700W PSU - Hitachi 7200RPM 1 TB - NZXT Alpha Black Case - Samsung 22" LCD Widescreen - Windows Vista Premium 64 bit
Deathbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Well I would like to thank you all for your opinions.

First off, I should not have said drop out. I was thinking of getting my GED first thing that I could. And to be honest, a work study program sounds like a great idea if my dad loses his job. There are cheap apartments in town that I could easily pay for working 20 hours a week if I needed.

Right now I'm just need to wait and see what everything happens.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #14
Fully Optimized

To be honest, depending on what you plan on doing afterwords, I'd recommend going to work for the family for a bit while you need to, and then simply taking the G.E.D. over the Summer and actually just be DONE.

dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"

David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote