I need help..

Thelis

Golden Master
Ok, so this is the situation. I really really want to get a dog. Probably a puppy-beagle. My parents on the other hand are so against the idea that they would rather me buy a motorcycle, and drive to a tattoo parlor while smoking and drinking. Just kidding. Anyways, they are incredibly against it for the following reasons:

• They are afraid that we would not be able to go anywhere on vacation
  • They are afraid that I would not really care for it
  • I don't really have a third one, three reasons just look better

Now, how can I convince them to get the beagle? I will pay for it myself.

-convince them some guy off the street or your friend will look after it whilst you go away.
-do some reseach into the dog, show them some info, look serious.
-just keep nagging/convincing them

its all you can do really. just show real interest!

First you need to show the utmost interest. Find a good breeder, figure out when they are having a litter, then describe the living conditions of the animals. From there, say because the dog lives with X many people and X X males and females, with X other dogs, it will be socialized. And they live in a heated garage in the pin with their mother and let out for play and etc etc.

You know, show you know they will be quality dogs for whatever reason, and they are going to be socialized and properly taken care of and such.

Next you need to say how the breeder will also take care of the dog whilst on vacation, or there is a great kennel that the breeder recommends at X place in town. Also need to say how you deserve and handle the responsibility, because you don't do drugs you get good grades don't race your car etc etc whatever it may be.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I tried the whole research thing, and I know so much about breeders and kennels and such now. I already know a good beagle breeder, and I know what pedigree I want and all of that.

My parents just don't want to get tied down. I am trying to explain to them that I will care for it and when we go on vacations I will either take it with me or give it to a friend, or give it to a kennel. I even have a friend that is willing to take it in when we are away.

They just don't believe me..

Well when we go on holiday usualy a family friend looks after our dog and comes in ebery day to feed it and water it etc but we chose to keep ours at the house as it offers protection to the house as it is a german shepard
Just sit down and talk to them say look ok i understand the responsability of looking after a dog and i know when we go on vacation that i have a friend that will look after it and there are some great kennels if that fails
I was lucky as my dad wanted to keep our dog after we looked after her fopr a while then her previous owner decided she didnt want her anymore

Dogs are great pets and lovable rogues, they are a bit of a tie but if you have a kennel or Friends that would look after him if you went away then thats perfect, tell your parents all the good things about a dog like, how playful they are, lovable and affectionate, they make you laugh and are great companions when your feeling down as they will always come and cheer you up with there cute stare, they make excellent house security and are great with kids, my dog is part of the family and I would be lost without him.

ye dogs really are great to have around. It's always nice to go downstairs and be greeted by a dog wagging it's tail and staring at you with a cute face. We put our dog and cat in kennels all though it costs a bit, it's worth it for a dog and a cat.

Well... I made them agree! Now I am just searching around for some pure-bred beagles...

hehe sweet that wasnt too hard then.
hope you dont get fed up of having a dog, they are hard work,
but well worth it :)

Back
Top Bottom