I made a stupid BIG BooBoo.....

connchri

Daemon Poster
... and eBay won't help me with it.

I listed my new iBook on eBay. Simply not happy with it. (I canny use it, well, it's more restricting).

So I listed it, all well. Made it nice and clear. Good Description, photo, to start at 7 o'clock, such and such.

BUT, I selected the wrong 7 o'clock! It started (hence finishes) at 7am! in the bloody morning!

It cost me £15 to list, now it's gonna cost another to sort it!

Stupid thing. I e-mail eBay, and they say they can't do nothing about it. A bit lame that they can't add another 12hours onto it. For the simple mistake I made. Just means they can take more selling fees of me.

For those interested in it, I'll put it in for sales and wants. Heres a link also
iBook eBay Listing

connchri said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No Escrow services, No fake addresses, No timewasters - No tolerance!

Words of a true Glaswegian :D Pay up or be chibbed!

Gutted eBay won't let you change the listing round, but it does look like a damn nice laptop. What's the problem of the auction finishing at 7am? If you've got lectures, hopefully you'll be up anyway...
[/font]

I was talking with him about this on Msn. The problem is that people arn't going to get up in the morning to big one it, agaisnt each other. Maybe one or two people would get on, and try once or twice and bid, then go back to sleep.

Aye, as ArriX said, the problem is no-one will be up at 7am to bid against each other as the auction comes to a close

Awwell, just see what happens.

LOL, I'll take that as a compliment Macbuc. I can't stand timewasters and bums. But I'm really a doonhaemer.

Wow, anyone who says "no one will be up at 7am to bid on ebay" really needs to learn--don't you know that ebay is a worldwide website?? Well if you are only shipping to US than that sux:)

The Power said:
Wow, anyone who says "no one will be up at 7am to bid on ebay" really needs to learn--don't you know that ebay is a worldwide website?? Well if you are only shipping to US than that sux:)

I don't think I need to learn - you have a look at the auction. It's a big world out there, more than just the US. Selling just in the UK. UK only - and if you care consider what the UK's like, it only has one timezone.

Why should they cater to your wishes for the mistake you said you made? It's not fair to want them to eat the cost of more time if it's not thier fault.

setishock said:
Why should they cater to your wishes for the mistake you said you made? It's not fair to want them to eat the cost of more time if it's not thier fault.

Fair enough, but for the effort it takes them, and the ammount of profit they'll get from me, whats the hassel? they'll only make more money if I get a bigger bid. Besides, it's called customer service.

It's like, whats the point on helping people on CF? it's sometimes peoples fault they have a problem.

Anyway, I they banned my account for 8 months when I owed them £5, while at the same time they owed me £28. I'm sure adding 12hours is a hardly a big thing to ask.

Oh, I appologise to Power by the way. My reply might have sounded a bit harsh. I just don't suffer smart arses in the same way I don't suffer Bums and timewasters.

Back
Top Bottom