I loathe iTunes

I don't like ipods for this exact reason, you cant move tunes to it then format the computer then move tunes back, also you cant go to a friends house and load their tunes on it without losing yours.

I own a sandisk sansa e260 4GB and like it alot better than ipod.

Thats why I hate players that do use tags, and much prefer them to have a folder format, with the standard file names being read.

The new Creative players use Apple's method, and I hate it.

I-audio create nice players, and so do I-River, and they all support folder structures so you can actually remember where everything is.

Why should you have to have artists, etc? I ended up with my music having to rename everything to a certain genre, in the artist catorgory so I could easily find them either way. Its daft. Not all of us have chart hits on their players, with only one artist to list.

also you could just install rockbox on the ipod and just drag and drop songs from windows explorer and just ditch itunes all together

Does that firmware allow for a folder structure? If so, it's pretty good.

yes im pretty sure it does, also i think it can be dueled up with the original fw so you can switch between them.

I have it on my sansa dueled up with the original firmware.

rockbox can see both the songs that are put on in itunes and songs that are dragged over via explorer

Does it add any extra sound capablities? Custom EQ's, Extra Bass, etc? I'm guessing you can't exactly do much with the built in sound chip anyway :|

yes on my sansa it tripled the bass that the original fw had i was amazed at how much better the sound was, it didn't distort when i cranked up the bass either. There are many different eq settings such as stereo width, the graphic equalizer and treble and bass levels

you can find out more at

http://www.rockbox.org/

Its a shame they don't make them for Creative players :(
Still, its nice to know if I got an Ipod...for free haha, I could do something about the sound.

it would have to be an older one like the 1st ipod with video, i dont think rockbox supports the newer ones yet

Back
Top Bottom