I just read the rules..

Farstanley

Solid State Member
Hi yall
New here. Been using a forum where they climb on your back if your thread is open more than a couple of days so I kind of got my threads open in a bit of a hurry and only just read the rules thoroughly.
Things seems to be cool and level headed around here by comparison but just so I know my way around would somebody please let me know what is meant by double or triple or quadruple posting ( shown in red on the rules pages ) is so I don't commit any faux pas ?
Thanx

it's not so much a problem any more because double posts are now merged into a single post...

but basically it means that you need to say all that you need to say in a first post. and not keep bumping the thread to the top with a second and third post directly after your first post with nobody replying in between...

though as I said, auto-merge of posts pretty much solved that problem.

It means that you pretty much cannot post something more than once on a single thread... those posts will be Auto-Merged

This rule is also there to help on cutting down of spam

And to keep people from bumping their posts every time someone else's thread got above their's on the forum. We had a big problem with that a while back.

Threads don't get closed around here if they are open for more than a few days like you said on other forums. They can go as long as people still post in them.

Just don't go digging through the social lounge and bump threads that are months old.

Man what a response! Six posts in one day and I have been enlightened. Thanx people.
Heading on over to the hardware forums cause that is the main reason I swung by

This is an excellent website
Know if there are any tutorials about? I just found the f1tutorials on the home page banner and they are a bit basic and I need to get up to speed with hardware.

Back
Top Bottom