Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^
Unhappy I Just Dropped My Laptop!!!!

I just dropped my laptop trying to bring it back to my desk, i had it turned on and the LCD was up, and the hard drive was spinning. When i was trying to bring my laptop to my desk i knocked something off the wall, not thinking I had a laptop in my hand i grabed the thing on the wall, there went my laptop.
It dropped from a few feet off the ground (i was standing up and i'm 6 foot). So then i see it in slow motion falling upside down LCD first as it was open. Then i hear a *WHAMMM* and the lcd lid closed as it impacted the hard floor.
Right about now I start shaking lol, as i go to pick it up i notice it was sleeping which ment the hard drive must have shut off??? So i lift it off the ground pull the lid back up and it resums from sleeping to my desktop with AIM open. WHEWWW i thought to myself, i further examined the laptop and not a scrach is on the thing!!!! Somehow it must have sensed it was falling and shut the hard drive down, because it would be hard to believe a spinning hard dirve could survive such a drop. Well that was the excitement of the day for me

Anyone else have an experience like this?

^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote