I hate shaving.

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Alright, so I've been shaving for the better part of a year now, however lately whenever I shave I break out in extremely painful acne. WTF is going on? I use shaving cream and an electric shaver, it's winter, I use acne treatment stuff and clean my face multiple times a day. ??? I don't usually have problems with acne until I shave.. Solutions??

Using more aftershave? It works for me. I used to get acne after shaving, and it seemed to go away after using more aftershave. Burns like a mother though, but its worth it.

Try going with a regular blade and shaving cream. The electric shaver may be irritating your skin and not properly "cutting" the hair, but pulling on it.

did anyone else think the topic tread was a lil funny and odd. or was i the only one that was thinking wierd....a real razor works for me, maybe try lotion of some kind?

I use regular blade although I'm still young and don't really have enough facial hair growth to shave everyday. I get no problems. In fact, less acne where I shave.

I get acne on my cheeks when i shave but my friends say use a better razor instead of cheap disposables. I use aftershave but it still gives me some acne so I might just start using a non disposable like mach 3 or something.

Try using a regular razor and sensitive skin shaving cream. I used to have the same problem with electric shavers but switching to a regular razor pretty much eliminated the problem for me although I will sometimes get it if I shave everyday because I have a gilette fusion razor and it shaves extremely close and sometimes every day is just too much.

I found that a strait razor was better for me than an electric. Like Atomic said the electric could just be pulling out hair instead of cutting it.

Also try after shave. It'll close up the poors in your skin so there isn't much of an opportunity for dirt to get in.

Try using a good regular blade like a fusion.

Laser facial hair removal is also a great option, I paid about $500 USD.

Back
Top Bottom