Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #11
Default Re: I hate pentium 4's

Originally Posted by Rakuma View Post
Only problem I have with my P4 is that its not 64 bit so I can't run CS5 But beyond that it has been a mighty little processor. Its going on 4.5 years whoohooo!
If you can afford CS5, a 64-bit CPU should be nothing. It would run like crap on a P4 anyway.

Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

I think my dad is going to keep his p4 computer until it actually wears out and breaks. I think it's 64bit too its a 2.66ghz prescott which according to cpuz supports 64 bit.

my other athlon 1800 rig doesn't die either. All the custom build rigs in my house usually die after 4 years. My current rig is even showing signs of death at only 3 years but that amd rig is going on 9 years now and it has always been on for most of those 9 years and it was built buy a little computer shop company called laser logic and the computer brand they make is advanced logic systems. they were expensive but very well built with high quality parts. However they have stopped building pcs and have started selling crappy acers

AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, crucial M500 240GB SSD, 500GB WD
1.5 TB Seagate, XFX Radeon 6670 1Gb GDDR5, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
mikee286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Rakuma

I'm getting ready to go back to college to finish up my degree and I will be using CS5 so I have to build a new comp anyway. Also I'll be getting the student price on CS5 which is very significantly cheaper. And yeah I know CS5 would run like crap on P4 hell CS3 runs pretty poorly when doing batch files.

Rakuma is offline   Reply With Quote