I hate pentium 4's

I hate Pentium 4's, especially 2.4 Ghz 478 ones

ratings.png

Pentium 4 CPU's are perfectly capable processors. Just don't try to do too much with them. Like run software that was designed for more advanced hardware. ;)

I hate 486s, especially 33MHz ones.

I don't care that they were not designed to run anything the likes of Windows 7, they should because they are intel and intel pwns.

Lol just messing with you. But seriously, that is what your post amounts to.

I hate the fact that my Ford Model T with orginial engine is slower then my dads Ford Focus.

First off, Windows 7 and Vista performance ratings don't mean bull. In a way, they can be helpful, but I don't like to use them.

But you know what? Pentium 4? Get with the program, bud. Not to sound rude or anything, but an outdated computer will have a very hard time running new stuff.

I know you're probably just venting or ranting, but gahhhh, most people (even non-tech savvy) know that a P4.. Well.. Shouldn't even be around anymore.

most people (even non-tech savvy) know that a P4.. Well.. Shouldn't even be around anymore.
Nothing wrong with P4s - yes, a bit inefficient but use them with XP and you'll be absolutely fine.

Must admit though I don't really see the point of this thread, outdated hardware gets a bad rating on a new OS - is that really something to be surprised about?

Nothing wrong with P4s - yes, a bit inefficient but use them with XP and you'll be absolutely fine.

Must admit though I don't really see the point of this thread, outdated hardware gets a bad rating on a new OS - is that really something to be surprised about?

Yeah for their age they are fine. Great for multi tasking in their day with HT

My dads P4 is 2.6 ghz (no HT) and runs windows 7 just fine. He says it's much faster with windows 7 on it and it only rates a 2.5 with a highest score of 4.8. I see a 6.4 in your score so you have a better deal than some computers I have here heck the laptop i'm on now only scores 3.2 but as mentioned before the score doesn't mean jack.

I did see an article on pcworld.com about using this score to benchmark a pc in a store before buying and I was like WTF? Last time I was in a bestbuy I looked at the score of a decent computer marked at 800$ and the computer in my sig scores better than it pretty much across the board then a sales goof comes around the corner and immediately tells me not to tamper with settings on store computers

Only problem I have with my P4 is that its not 64 bit so I can't run CS5 :( But beyond that it has been a mighty little processor. Its going on 4.5 years whoohooo!

Back
Top Bottom