I got a pleasant suprise today!

cheapest mac is what 600$, its the mac mini
it includes a, 120 GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM, Nvidia 9400, 2GHz dual core proc, and an 8x media drive, this does not include a monitor, oh i almost forgot, your remaining 400$ go to the apple logo stamped on the back

600$ spent on a dell includes a 2.7 GHz dual core proc, 3GB Dual Channel DDR2, a 500GB hard drive,ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics, 5.1 Channel Audio, and a one year warranty,
which do you think is a better buy???

it includes a, 120 GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM, Nvidia 9400, 2GHz dual core proc, and an 8x media drive, this does not include a monitor, oh i almost forgot, your remaining 400$ go to the apple logo stamped on the back

600$ spent on a dell includes a 2.7 GHz dual core proc, 3GB Dual Channel DDR2, a 500GB hard drive,ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics, 5.1 Channel Audio, and a one year warranty,

Actually try running the systems together. The Apple computer would blow the Dell one out of the water. The best hardware doesn't always equal the better computer. See how well designed OS X is. It takes a Core 2 Duo and can let it perform as well as a quad in most cases.

Mac OS has always been quick to boot up, but I just leave it on standby most of the time.

As for software, look at a few widgets and download NeoOffice.

Got a stick up your ass or what? Let me guess, you're just here to spew more useless rants about Apple and their computers?

I'm just happy the Mac brotherhood on here is growing. 01001010, do you remember the Mac debate on here a while ago? It was us two versus everyone, haha. I'm glad to see many people are finally realizing the true potential of Macbooks and OS X.

IIt was us two versus everyone, haha. I'm glad to see many people are finally realizing the true potential of Macbooks and OS X.

I honestly don't care whether or not you like or loathe Apple and their operating system, as long as you can back it up with fair arguments. Hating something simply because it's from Apple or it's a Mac doesn't cut it - and unfortunately, it's what the majority of members here do. As long as you give the platform an open, honest chance, I'll accept your opinion. If you're basing something off a typical stereotype, well... :rolleyes:

I'm at home sitting happily next to two MacBooks. A MacBook Pro I purchased in 2007, and a MacBook Aluminum a friend bought me as a gift a couple of weeks ago. They've both been fantastic machines.

Maybe they shipped you the wrong pc? I can't even beieve it would be there the next day! There must have been some mixup with the shipping. But whatever, it's your gain I guess.

I had a mixup happen with Dell one time. I bought my Logitech Z-2300's from them. I ordered it and saw that it would ship in 3-4 weeks and I said "screw that, I can get it from somewhere else a lot faster" then I cancelled the order. Well, they credited the charge back to my CC but they still shipped the speakers! So I got an awesome set of speakers for nothing. I was just waiting and waiting for them to charge my CC again for them but they never did.

Mac OS has always been quick to boot up, but I just leave it on standby most of the time.

As for software, look at a few widgets and download NeoOffice.

Got a stick up your ass or what? Let me guess, you're just here to spew more useless rants about Apple and their computers?

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look at downloading Neo Office. I was on my schools website looking for the Office 08 download for Mac but they don't offer a direct download. I'll eventually order a copy of it since its only $15 bucks through them but wish it would have been a free download like Office 07 Enterprise was for PC.

I'm just happy the Mac brotherhood on here is growing. 01001010, do you remember the Mac debate on here a while ago? It was us two versus everyone, haha. I'm glad to see many people are finally realizing the true potential of Macbooks and OS X.

Yes that is pretty cool. Maybe we should get a Mac section going on the forum lol. I think its cool most responded that they would like a mac to try out and only 1 guy chimed in about the price of one.

Maybe they shipped you the wrong pc? I can't even beieve it would be there the next day! There must have been some mixup with the shipping. But whatever, it's your gain I guess.

I had a mixup happen with Dell one time. I bought my Logitech Z-2300's from them. I ordered it and saw that it would ship in 3-4 weeks and I said "screw that, I can get it from somewhere else a lot faster" then I cancelled the order. Well, they credited the charge back to my CC but they still shipped the speakers! So I got an awesome set of speakers for nothing. I was just waiting and waiting for them to charge my CC again for them but they never did.

Well I'm not really sure what happened but I'm glad it did lol! It shipped from Johnstown I believe which explains why I got it the next day. That's pretty cool you got some speakers for free. I wish I could have pulled that one off!

I've got all my school required stuff installed and updated some of my music library onto it. I went down to my grandparents that have faster internet to download the iPhone SDK package. I go down this morning to put it on a flash and it turns out she had the damn thing turned off and the battery died last night. Grrr plugged it in and set it to download again today. 2.2GB would take me to long and my luck my wireless would drop before it finished completely. Hoping to get that installed tomorrow and start playing with iPhone App development. I registered as a developer last night too.

Back
Top Bottom