I got my 7600GT, [bit of a problem] but it works!

ArrizX said:
Lol, well, I just want it to work right. Something isnt right. Because I just tried to install drivers and is said there is no compatable hardware. But the drivers that came with it (like 62.xx) work fine....
What driver gave you the incompatible message? Is your card supported in the release notes?

lhuser said:
Nowdays, (Back in January, I recommended a 450), I recommend either a 550W for a SLI 7600GT, or a 700W for a gamer's PC.

For one he's not running it (only has one) in SLI, and two, 700w is overkill

Nowdays, (Back in January, I recommended a 450), I recommend either a 550W for a SLI 7600GT, or a 700W for a gamer's PC.

Bullshit. I run my entire rig on a 520W (and I run it at minimal level, as in, I have a knob that I can use to adjust it, and it runs normally at less than half).

And I have a 7800GT, 2 gigsRam, a 10,000RPM Hard drive, etc.

Anything above ~450 is a complete waste. The thing is, power supply companies don't have much else to do, PSU's will stay the same over the next years. So they do fake marketing about how you need huge power supplies for your rig. Don't buy into it.

So alvino, I strongy disagree. The PSU should be the most in-expensive item that you buy respectively. It's not that important, if you're getting over 450, you're buying into the useless hype. Most computers idle at around 50-100W, and game at 300-400 W. Not above that.

Actually, it is important. If you have an unstable power supply, your whole system could be put into danger. Having unstable power means an unstable system, and in worse case scenarios, it could mean your system would go kaput. I'm not saying that you should go for the highest wattage, I'm just saying, buy a PSU that is reliable and stable. Don't buy those cheap $20 ones that'll last you a week. Trust me, I learned the hard way. My mom's computer almost went bye-bye after buying a crap PSU from Powmax. Cost $15 and I'll never skimp out on PSU's again.

Of course, don't expect me to buy those Power PC & Cooling ones. :p Those cost a fortune.

alvino, power is power. There no "Good electricity", and "bad electricity". While the jumpers and capacitors on the PSU do have different quality, and a 15 dollar power supply probably was a piece of crap, anything above 50 dollars for a PSU is a waste, par my previous post.

Rakedog, you do have a point, I have to admit, but I've had problems myself with a bad power supply which was really cheap.

Killed 2 hard drives before I figured it was that causing it.

joepic said:
GT KO? hmmm, can you tell me what that is?

your fan art is different than mine

is the fan loud?

The KO edition has a differen't heatsink. I got the XFX version of the 7600gt.

rakedog said:
alvino, power is power. There no "Good electricity", and "bad electricity".....
I agree to a point, the main consideration is the amps on the +12v rails that is most important these days with hardware drawing more and more current. I wouldn't use a psu that has less than 18A (preferrably 30A) on the 12v rail(s) and I would specifically look for dual or quad 12v rails for a SLi system.

@ ArrizX, did you d/load that driver (84.63) from the nVidia archive?? the top driver in the list? I think you'll find that is only for the GeForce Go 7800/7900 Series, which would result in the no compatible hardware error message.

Mate, try the 91.33beta, I'm sure you'll be better off with that.

Back
Top Bottom