Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #41
Site Team

Default Re: I got 'caught' Plagiarizing?

Quote:
an ya it was a group effort type paper, we each did 2 pages an put it together to get 6 pages for the paper
Fair enough, I didn't get that impression to start with and that does make things better from your angle. If you can explain and show that it was only one guy in your group responsible, and you weren't aware of this and didn't have anything to do with it, you might be able to get that single guy's mark knocked down and out without affecting yours too much (i.e. you could request that you were marked for your individual contribution rather than as a whole group.)

Is the teacher aware of the format the group work took, i.e. that the plagarised part was only submitted by one person?

berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #42
Golden Master

ya, she's aware

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #43
Golden Master

Go see her in person when you get back. If you really are completely innocent and you really were thinking "WTF?" when you were accused of this, you will seem it when you see her.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #44
Golden Master

She said the info was pulled "word for word". Therefore, whoever wrote pages 3-5, whether it was you or a group member, clearly plagiarized their work. End of story.

If it was you, stop trying to get out of it and start apologizing. There is no way you could accidentally copy 2 pages word for word.

If it was someone else, get the teacher to take the blame out on them and hopefully your part of the project will still receive a good grade.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #45
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
an ya it was a group effort type paper, we each did 2 pages an put it together to get 6 pages for the paper
Interesting. One would think that you would proof read it before turning it in to avoid potential problems such as this. Consider yourself lucky she didn't scrap the entire thing.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #46
Golden Master

ya, shes gunna punnish the kid that did it, not me, and i didnt have time to read over the whole thing, i dont always have time to proof read everything that i turn in at school, um not like some people that go to college and do nothing but go to class an party, um lucky enough to have enough time to get 4 hours of sleep daily between work, class, house work, and homework/study ect.