I fired my shotgun...

Thanks. I found it hard to keep still but you were right, those are deadly hits. :angel:

Something I found interesting about red dots. They say that once you sight it in it'll hit anywhere the red dot is on. That didn't work for me. I burned a whole box sighting it in and I had misses.

Now why is that I wonder? I put on my front sight and sight it in again, a hit every time. I talked to the guys on gun forums and they told me that the red dot works by itself. I told them it's not working with me and they told me then I didn't have it zeroed in.

So I tried again, burned another box and same results, hits and misses. Put the sight back on and hits every time again. The guys tells me I'm doing it wrong. I got tired of them.

I sat thinking, front and rear sights are what works, two points of reference. The red dot is one point where's the other? AHA! The eye! The eye has to be the same spot (cheek weld) every time for it to work so if your eye is off a little you're gonna miss. The front sight don't move at all so it hits all the time.

I told the guys what I figured out and they told me BS. Then I started researching and found the answer to this whole mess on wiki. It even explained the eye position and how a better made red dot scopes have two points of reference inside making 'em virtually parallax free.

Parallax is what I was having problems with and yeah, it was a cheap ($70?) red dot scope. So if you want a red dot scope get a good one or stick with your iron sights but I found mine easier to look at than my iron rear sight so not all is lost.

EDIT: About the stock, the ATI stock is not an exact fit to the Hi-Point carbine but the TS is a better stock because of the springs. They work well.

Last edited:
Good job figuring that out :D I'm not into having to look into a scope that takes my eye off the environment but I'd rather have just a piece of glass reflecting a aiming point than iron sights. Like this

Attachments

• Holographic Sight.jpg
    Holographic Sight.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
Hopefully it's better than what I have but keep in mind what I said, you have to have two points of references if you want accuracy.

There's no such thing as a magic dot. :D

Hopefully it's better than what I have but keep in mind what I said, you have to have two points of references if you want accuracy.

There's no such thing as a magic dot. :D

Lol, you need a dot and a hole to put that dot in so you know you're shooting straight

Went to the range today and fine tuned the red dot so it's a little tighter groups. Finally shot my Sigma 9mm too, it was collecting dust in my drawer. :)

Now I'm all out of range fodder, darn it.

Back
Top Bottom