I figured I would introduce myself, and ask some questions.

pooker

In Runtime
Well introduction threads are always good. My name is Colby, I am from Mississippi, I was attracted to this forum to ask a question and when I typed in computer forums in ask.com this is what came up. I am not to computer savy, I am 18 work on cars and am starting a job as a forklift mechanic. If your in the mississippi area you will find me at hub city dragway alot, I have a 92 eclipse gst. :mad: I have built four computers, nothing to special I really want to build something nice after seeing what you guys do on here, to bad nice can't be cheap. :(

I have a question though now that I am done with my introduction, I got scammed on a laptop. I want to now if there is any computer store or something that sells the cheapest laptop possible, it can be slow as a turtle I just need to know a store that sells them cheap. Its kind of an emergency, I need it for my car I run an lm-1 /w rpm convertor, datalogger, etc and I called a dynoshop and that said if I could print out my fuel curve/ rpm adjusted/ knock count etc that they could probably tell me where I needed my fuel point curves adjusted instead of charging me 75 per hour with a dyno which would run me in the multiple hundreds.

First off...Welcome to CF!

If you want a cheap laptop, I would try ebay. There is always people selling like PII"s and PIII's on there for pretty cheap. You could pick up a decent one for a couple hundered dollars.

Also try newegg.com, they have some pretty good deals, if you want something a *little* better for cheap.

You could try asking on these forums, perhaps someone has an old laptop they'd be willing to sell you for cheap.

Hi there. I am also a newbie and live in Mississippi. Where are you located at? My hubby is a car mechanic and I'm the computer techie in the house. I like there forums too because they have good info. Anything you need, you will find it here. Welcome!!

Raffaz said:
Welcome to CF!:)
I would say ebay aswell, how did you get scammed?
Thanks for all the welcomes and advice!

But basically how it happened was there was this guy on a dsm board (eclipse=dsm) and he was claiming to have like over 20 laptops that he was selling for cheap, 100 a pop and they were nice ones 3.0ghz p4 and looked nice. He said his dad got layed off and that he was allowed to take whatever he wanted. So I guess he grabbed a bunch of laptops, printers, scanners etc. Well I bought it and some people said they received there, but one guy said he got his and I can't remember what was wrong a harddrive or something that made it unstartable, well he complains in the thread and they guy never responds and claims he moved to germany. After that I guess you guys know the story, :( no response to pm's, emails etc. Thats why I try to get cod's now, its to a point where I feel I am just wasting to much money I have lost alot of money. Paypal always tells me I am sol, with that same response everytime that is aggravating "We have decided in your favor but regret to inform you we were unable to recover any of your lost funds, as pertaining to the user agreement we can only remove what the seller has in his accoutnt" etc.

wannabetechno said:
Hi there. I am also a newbie and live in Mississippi. Where are you located at? My hubby is a car mechanic and I'm the computer techie in the house. I like there forums too because they have good info. Anything you need, you will find it here. Welcome!!
I live in a small town, but about twenty minutes from Hattiesburg. What car do you drive? If you are local we were talkin about having a big meet here soon, here is our local board around the area if you would like to meet some people and there is some really smart people on there that can help you if you have any problems. www.torqueaddicts.net

We live in Northern Mississippi about 1 1/2 hrs from Memphis. I would love to be on the coast though. Were you guys hit when Katrina came through? I have friends in Gulfport that managed to not have much damage. We are a Dodge/Jeep family. My hubby works for Dodge but can fix anything and I mean anything. Well, not computer stuff but is very electronically inclined. He's studying to be an electrical engineer. I am working on my degree in Microcomputer Technology.

Yes we were hit but we are about 180 miles from the coast, nothing to bad a tree feel on one of our lines and ripped it out the side ouf our house. We were without electricity, etc for a few weeks but it was all good I was in school during that time and they canceled it. :D We were in Memphis a few weeks ago just hanging out, I love that town. I semi-now someone up there his name is Timothy lives in Oxford mississippi not sure if you know him. Nice guy, met him through our boards.

Back
Top Bottom