I despise bluezone

MikeReiner

Golden Master
My isp, thebluezone, charges $30 a month for a 1 mb internet connection, up and down. They cap us at 10 gigabytes a month. For every gig we go over, that means an extra $5 to the bill.

So, I could use 20 gigs, and end up paying $80, more than twice the orignal bill, if I use twice the cap.

This is what happens when you take an ISP with no contract, they change sh*t like this out of the blue without any notification.. I never thought i'd say this.. but I wish I had an ISP with a contract... *sighs*

I honestly fail to understand how it uses so much of thier resources to constitute an extra $5 per gig.

Now before you tell me to quit using p2p, let me explain why I could call you a complete moron if you said that.

Earlier this month, I had to format my hard drive. I lost all my steam related games, and reinstalling all of them via steam took up about 12 gigabytes... so already I have to pay an extra $10, plus the rest of the bandwidth that will be used throughout the month.

On top of all that, this ISP blocks ports. I can't host anything, even if my life depended on it. I've tried everything from forwarding ports, to dmz, to completely removing all firewalls and routers - no avail. All my isp tells me is that this is for my own protection, which I think is utter bs. I am not a newbie internet user, I know how to use my router, I never DMZ (unless I wanted to do it to some old crappy computer of mine..).

"So why don't you just quit complaining and get a new isp?"

Simply put, my dad thinks a $50 internet bill is too much, yet we have a $70 bill (maybe more if people keep using the internet) coming at the end of the month.

I want my ports, I want my bandwidth, I want a contract! This is injustice as far as i'm concerned. I would have no pity if this company went under and all thier employees lost thier jobs. Why would I have no pity for those employees? Because I would quit a job at a company that pulled this kind of crap. (the type of money I refer to is USD, just an FYI.)
[/rant]

Dang that sucks, I think you prb stqated thsi abotu but why not change ure ISP? Road Runner :), btw what speed is this again? 10mbps? 100mbps?

No, it's not. There is DSL qwest and Cable Comcast... but my dad doesn't want to spend $50 a month for either of them! The one we have now generally costs $30.. but they screw us by charging more if we use the internet too much.... it's all a scam.... and my expects me to not use that much! (just incase you can't tell.. i'm RESISTING typing in some VERY foul 'stuff' right now... *twitches*)

Lol thats nothing!

We have wireless here. 800kb up and down. Very unstable, and 5gb cap, with 10 dollar charge per gb over. Cant use p2p, though no ports are blocked, and I cant even download games, because his servers suck too much.

Yeah, dual P4s at 3.6ghz.

Now you can feel good about yourself :p

Wireless is considerably harder to properly maintain then a LAN line. Or so I have been told... And I mean its wireless, so you wont be getting the speed of Fiber. So, that has alot to do with it.

And as for the GB over. Thats because he has to pay for certain amount of usage. And then when you go over, he still has some left in store, but essentially when you go over, he goes over. Thats why your assigned a certain amount.

Hmm.. I see. I need to research this.. I feel kinda stupid for flaming on about bluezone now.. but eh, meh. these people should offer wired connections for those that have it available to them.

Rabit Meadows said:
Rabbit Meadows Internet Service Makes a Big Difference - by Saving You Time, Travel and Money.

..ha...haha....hahaha.....hahahah.....i'm rofl'ing to death.

Back
Top Bottom