I changed my dog food

Celery

Golden Master
I thought I was feeding my dog decent dog food. Alpo, Kibbles & Bits, Benefits, etc. I found out how wrong I was. :eek:

On another forum a member asked what to feed his dog and another member posted a link to DogFoodAdvisor site. I went to that link and I got educated about what makes a good dog food. They rate the foods 1 to 5 stars with 3 being good enough, 5 is best.

I found that all the brands I used were 1 star. I thought WTH? Ok, what makes a good dog food and I learned. Most of the dog food were mostly corn and very little other ingredients. Pretty crappy stuff but none of my dogs died from it thank the lord but they were not healthy enough.

I went to Walmart and looked around and found one that's rated 4 of 5 stars and not very expensive to feed a small dog. My dog Fisher is 11 years ago and I'd like him to stick around longer. I love the little guy.

That's been about two weeks and it shows. His fur is softer and smooth and his energy is like a two year old. Bouncing around like crazy. :)

This is the stuff I got and look at the picture of the ingredients, all the good stuff and no corn, wheat nor soy. That's what makes a good dog food.

The brand is Perfect Balance.

Attachments

• S5030437.jpg
    S5030437.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry, late to the party.
Yeah, learning to feed your pet the right food is never easy. Sometimes you get them what really is the best, and they would prefer to starve. Work with your dog, thats the best advice that I can give.

My hound about once a week will consume her dog food. Mose of the time her likes regular peeps food. Have not found a food her will feast on more than peeps food.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

I always give my dog a last bite of my meals and he gets to lick the plate clean.

Yeah, I luv my dog. :)

I always give my dog a last bite of my meals and he gets to lick the plate clean.

Oh I believe in that completely. Dogs tongues are much more clean and free of germs than peeps are.

I do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Always was the same for me. Now cats, they are different. I luvv our cats, but they have a different idea of master/human LOL

Yo me cats are wayyyyyyyyy to independent. Really like I am. Dogs are much more fun. Nothing against cats but they are also much to fussy.

Yeah same here. We spoil our dogs rotten always getting the scraps and left overs. We are trying to stop it though so they can lose weight. Anything else will go to straight to our chooks.

Back
Top Bottom