I browsed the members list

Celery

Golden Master
and I was amazed at how many had joined this forum.

Only to see a few posts and pfft... they're gone.

What's the matter? We got bad breath ?? :rolleyes:

The nature of a forum like this one is this;

A typical user will browse around searching for a question, or Google "Computer forums" and then find their way here. They create a free account, ask a question, maybe stick around for the answer, and then they're on their way.

The generation of that "forum user," e.g. those of us that stick around for years and years or just engage in random chit chat on a forum, is going away. Replaced by Facebook, Instagram and Twitter... faster means of getting info more quickly and without as much upfront commitment in reading a thread or otherwise.

Ah, I should've realized that. Since I don't use Facebook and the like I didn't think of them.

So the Forums are becoming a extinct breed.

It's sad that they are slowly fading, but I will always be a member here cuz I been here too long to just walk away from a good thing. :D

Yep, i have a facebook acount for one reason, my family. I have a few friends too. I check in once a day to check messages and thats all. The rest of all that crap i have blocked. Theres a program that kicks in use that blocks anything not on my friend list. That way i dont have to put up with all the other stuff. Anyway, i like it here more than there. I have a couple of model railroading sites i haunt and the weather blogs. Right now, this is more like home to me.

I use FB to keep up with friends and family but come to forums like this to keep up on technology. I think for Tech forums like this one, they are dying because of the general dumbing down of the user. Average person can do whatever they need/want to do on their iPad/tablet so have no use for computers and technology.

Forums like these descended from the BBS systems that were prevalent back in the '90s.

That's a good point strollin, even the computers changes. I remember the BBS very well and it was amazing that we got by with it on telephone lines and slow ass modems.

If you want a forum with more members staying for longer and discussing more tech topics look at: AVforums there is a large community there. Computers and computing is just a small part of their topics list.

Back
Top Bottom