I beat old Nicky

Well done. I gave up six years ago after numerous attempts over the previous years. The first 2 to 4 weeks are the hardest. After that it's plain sailing. The only thing I will say is that whilst you will lose the craving the feeling that a cigarette would be nice, especially if you have been working and stop for a break, will never leave you and that is when you have to be most careful. I found the best way, and I tried all the so called aids, was just to go cold turkey. It was bl****y hard but that worked for me. Keep it up the money you save and your improved health will be worth the effort.

Congrats man! Any special tricks you would like to share?

Yeah, it's called cold turkey. :lol:

It's a b***h alright. Pete, you were right. A cig would be nice right now after the ordeal I went through. I deserve it right? ;)

Congrats Celery, its been 25 years now that i quit smoking. I quit for my daughter and not so much for myself. My Mother gave up smoking for me, so I figured I would do it for my daughter.

Also i went cold turkey too, and i couldn't have done it without the sun flower seeds. Those things kept me from going crazy. :D

I'll bet you ate a lot of them. :lol:

I like 'em. :thumb:

It wasn't really hard to quit. I was smoking less per cig and my habit was real cheap. Two 16 oz bags of pipe tobacco and a box of papers ($57) last me 5 months or so. These tobacco were milder than the cig tobacco.

Though I smoked less I still cough and coughed up crap so I thought so much for an occasional cig. I liked to smoke and it's satisfying but to go through all that, naw forget it.

And that was 10 days ago.

Yep i did eat a lot of them. I would eat a whole bag in less than an hour. Finally i had to give them up also because they are fattening. I love eating sun flower seeds and peanuts but i still eat then once in a while. ;)

Back
Top Bottom