I am so lucky!

nice find.
I think it isn't as great as my step father walking in from the door carrying a 21" crt and asking me if I want a new monitor :p This monitor is just so awesome, 21", 100hz refresh rate...

But u really have got alot from the garbage, I've only found a very crappy vid card and a 350W psu, though I've gone searching only for a few times.

Hunter, do I even wanna know what you mean by that, lol..

@Mammi
I personaly dont dig through trash :p

dumpster diving at universities is a great thing to do...

when I was a student, we'd go perhaps one night a week to raid the skips on the Uni and the technology business park behind the uni...

pull out all the old computers, strip them down and sell the parts on ebay!!!

a great way to get beer money for very little work!

I've never dug through the trash myself, but I do get donations all the time that are ussually 'broken' and I fix them up and send them out to people who can benefit from them, ussually unfortunate people.

Like for instance, I'll give the parts to my high school and then they store them in the lab I'm in for, for 4 periods of a day. When someone comes in or Sachem (the district name) finds out anonymously that a family doesn't have the money to buy a computer or something, the parts will go to them as a donation.

Some parts, don't get me wrong, I keep (the donations are to me anyway), but if I don't have a use for them, I just send them out.. ;)

Its a way of giving back to the community that has given so much to me.

EDIT: Fixed a spelling error.

I used to do that at Radio Shack.
Dumpster diving that is. I got good at making simple repairs on a lot of goodies.

I aquired 2 Cisco Aironet 1200 access points when we moved into our new office. I was laying new cables through into the warehouse along the roof and found one at each end bolted to the roof 30 foot up! the old tennants just left them behind. Along with a nice floor standing rackmount cabinet. Straight on ebay they went - was a great night down the pub for the office and all for free!

Back
Top Bottom