I am so disgusted with best buy

I understand what u are saying , but I stll find that very strange. The reason why I say that is because I am at the Best Buy call center and assist in handling clients when they need something performed under warranty or not. I have had clients purchase a 2, 3 , or 4 year PSP's and they would call in AFTER their MANUFACTURER warranty expired.The system would show there PSP taking effect the same day the computer was purchased 365 days later. Some would call in wanting service under there PSP but are denied because they have to use there 1 year MANUFACTURER warranty 1st.. So that is why I am questioning what u are saying about it taking effect the day they purchase a warranty... Did u work inside the store as a rep BTW? or what was your position.?

I have no problems with the laptop as of now but I am glad to hear that manufacturers warranty is possibly added to the extended warranty. though I won't know for sure whether I am covered for 4 years or 3 years. It's kind of something we should know for sure so we don't end up going in for service on the 4th year and getting denied.

At the time I was there, Yes. Things may have changed with all that as It's been a few years shy of a Decade since I started there.. I left as a BBFB Sup.

I have no problems with the laptop as of now but I am glad to hear that manufacturers warranty is possibly added to the extended warranty. though I won't know for sure whether I am covered for 4 years or 3 years. It's kind of something we should know for sure so we don't end up going in for service on the 4th year and getting denied.

PM the phone number u provided and I can try to check in the database. :D

plain and simple. i would NEVER take my desktop/laptop to either best buy or any other computer repair stores. i don't understand how people don't just google their problems and do it them selves. i mean, c'mon running an anti virus, anti-walware and spyware doesnt take a genius to do. save money and start researching. in the long run, i'll benefit you.

plain and simple. i would NEVER take my desktop/laptop to either best buy or any other computer repair stores. i don't understand how people don't just google their problems and do it them selves. i mean, c'mon running an anti virus, anti-walware and spyware doesnt take a genius to do. save money and start researching. in the long run, i'll benefit you.

It's not that simple. It's like you searching on Google on how to fix a broken brake fluid line in your car. Some people would rather just pay for the sense of security.

It's not that simple. It's like you searching on Google on how to fix a broken brake fluid line in your car. Some people would rather just pay for the sense of security.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...avclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS337US337&ie=UTF-8

http://www.relitech.com/brakeln.htm
:D

Lol. Yeah but anyone that isn't "handy" with things.
It can be hard and much easier to have someone else do it.
But I personally would never bring my own computer to Best Buy.
Sorry Rohan, I know you got a job at Geek Squad, but not all their employees are trust worthy.

If I for some reason couldn't fix the computer problem I had, I would bring it to a small town shop some place.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...avclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS337US337&ie=UTF-8

http://www.relitech.com/brakeln.htm
:D

Lol. Yeah but anyone that isn't "handy" with things.
It can be hard and much easier to have someone else do it.
But I personally would never bring my own computer to Best Buy.
Sorry Rohan, I know you got a job at Geek Squad, but not all their employees are trust worthy.

If I for some reason couldn't fix the computer problem I had, I would bring it to a small town shop some place.

I'm not directing it towards you guys. What about an older group of people who aren't too knowledgeable in technology? It doesn't matter if you take it to Geek Squad or some small shop, the general area is that you took it to get it fixed outside somewhere and are paying a premium price for it.

back before I did my own repairs I trusted the small independantly owned computer shops. They tend to not try to scam you into paying for parts that they didn't even give you or buying a part you don't need.

If the small shop does screw you over it will be way easier to hunt down who did it and file a complaint or what not.

the shop near my old house actually kind of teaches you what went wrong. Back when I first built my computer and was looking to hook both my ide hard drives up but couldn't they actually showed me what I needed and installed it right in front of me. It turned out the ide card they put in wasn't compatible with vista at the time which we immediately found out right at the shop so they hooked me up with an external enclosure for the second drive. Now that's good service

But that's only because you know the history of Geeksquad, and how would you know if a small town shop is not as bad as Geeksquad?

When people arent knowledgeable at computers, and tend to bring it to Best Buy and use Geeksquad because they assume they are good because it's at Best Buy.
If something were to happen like my car isn't working well, I prefer to go to a well known place than to go to a little shop that I never heard of. The well known place might do a crappy job, but I wouldn't know that because I don't know much about cars.
Same thing goes with soldering, I read tuts and stuff, but I still aren't experience on it, so I prefer to pay someone to do it for me than to risk breaking it myself.

Hmm, kind of hard to explain...

Back
Top Bottom