Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
Daemon Poster
 
AmericanSensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,144
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

I agree Brother, But there's way to many people out there who think they're entitled if you will. I had a great time dealing with these people...

Most of them didn't even understand they were STILL going to come out on top with a better laptop...But of course...Give an Inch,they want a mile.

I would say 1 in 10 people would actually understand that policy and not get irate.
__________________

AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
I agree Brother, But there's way to many people out there who think they're entitled if you will. I had a great time dealing with these people...

Most of them didn't even understand they were STILL going to come out on top with a better laptop...But of course...Give an Inch,they want a mile.

I would say 1 in 10 people would actually understand that policy and not get irate.
As a calm person reading this, I totally understand the policy, and it totally makes sense. I think most people would understand it. Until it's their laptop.
__________________

__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #33
Fully Optimized
 
mikee286's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

I wonder what they do if someone buys a low end laptop and buys the warranty and ends up totaling the laptop somehow 2 years later when there aren't any new laptops of that spec.
__________________
AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, crucial M500 240GB SSD, 500GB WD
1.5 TB Seagate, XFX Radeon 6670 1Gb GDDR5, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
mikee286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #34
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
I wonder what they do if someone buys a low end laptop and buys the warranty and ends up totaling the laptop somehow 2 years later when there aren't any new laptops of that spec.
I think it's usually a one year thing.
__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #35
Daemon Poster
 
AmericanSensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,144
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
I wonder what they do if someone buys a low end laptop and buys the warranty and ends up totaling the laptop somehow 2 years later when there aren't any new laptops of that spec.
I answered all that in my aforementioned post..

Here's a tip....IF that happens to you with Best Buy, and you are forced to find the closest laptop that is closest in spec to what you had, Look around. For the people I dealt with that were NOT dicks, I worked with them..."Sometimes" the particular brand name that you bought, Best Buy may only have "Nice" specs with their lowest model of that brand. The laptop that IS within spec to what you HAD may be an off brand and a complete piece of shit.....

Soooo....Tell them you bought the particular brand that you did FOR A REASON...Ie..Reliability.....Which most often then not forces them to honor the "brand" that you bought. But as I said, THAT would depend on the model brand you bought and what their Inventory stock is.

There are ways around it, You just need to know.

In terms of if your still in warranty....Simply look at your warranty. If you bought no BestBuy warranty your shit out of luck outside of the year the manufacture gives you..And you can only go through the manufacturer...If you bought a BestBuy warranty, It is for whatever term you bought...ie...2 year, 3, year, etc. If you bought a Best Buy warranty it overrides the Manufacture warranty, So don't think your getting that year PLUS what you got through BestBuy.
AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
I answered all that in my aforementioned post..

Here's a tip....IF that happens to you with Best Buy, and you are forced to find the closest laptop that is closest in spec to what you had, Look around. For the people I dealt with that were NOT dicks, I worked with them..."Sometimes" the particular brand name that you bought, Best Buy may only have "Nice" specs with their lowest model of that brand. The laptop that IS within spec to what you HAD may be an off brand and a complete piece of shit.....

Soooo....Tell them you bought the particular brand that you did FOR A REASON...Ie..Reliability.....Which most often then not forces them to honor the "brand" that you bought. But as I said, THAT would depend on the model brand you bought and what their Inventory stock is.

There are ways around it, You just need to know.

In terms of if your still in warranty....Simply look at your warranty. If you bought no BestBuy warranty your shit out of luck outside of the year the manufacture gives you..And you can only go through the manufacturer...If you bought a BestBuy warranty, It is for whatever term you bought...ie...2 year, 3, year, etc. If you bought a Best Buy warranty it overrides the Manufacture warranty, So don't think your getting that year PLUS what you got through BestBuy.
Yes, that would be annoying because of brands. Kinda like getting a ford guy to buy a chevy.

But luckily I like Hp laptops, and as far as I know they are the only ones that come with the remote thing standard.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #37
In Runtime
 
AzNVi3t2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to AzNVi3t2007
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Best Buy/Geeksquad ALWAYS screw people over.
AzNVi3t2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Not the Geek Squad around me. They usually do a lot of the stuff for free. I don't think the one in my city has ever lied or screwed people over badly.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #39
In Runtime
 
AzNVi3t2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to AzNVi3t2007
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
I answered all that in my aforementioned post..

Here's a tip....IF that happens to you with Best Buy, and you are forced to find the closest laptop that is closest in spec to what you had, Look around. For the people I dealt with that were NOT dicks, I worked with them..."Sometimes" the particular brand name that you bought, Best Buy may only have "Nice" specs with their lowest model of that brand. The laptop that IS within spec to what you HAD may be an off brand and a complete piece of shit.....

Soooo....Tell them you bought the particular brand that you did FOR A REASON...Ie..Reliability.....Which most often then not forces them to honor the "brand" that you bought. But as I said, THAT would depend on the model brand you bought and what their Inventory stock is.

There are ways around it, You just need to know.

In terms of if your still in warranty....Simply look at your warranty. If you bought no BestBuy warranty your shit out of luck outside of the year the manufacture gives you..And you can only go through the manufacturer...If you bought a BestBuy warranty, It is for whatever term you bought...ie...2 year, 3, year, etc. If you bought a Best Buy warranty it overrides the Manufacture warranty, So don't think your getting that year PLUS what you got through BestBuy.
Where did u get that wrong info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Not the Geek Squad around me. They usually do a lot of the stuff for free. I don't think the one in my city has ever lied or screwed people over badly.
Sucks its not like that here in Houston.
AzNVi3t2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #40
Daemon Poster
 
AmericanSensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,144
Default Re: I am so disgusted with best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNVi3t2007 View Post
Where did u get that wrong info?
After working there for many years, I know, believe me. It depends on what way you look at it I guess.

On one side of the token, You DO have a Manufacturer warranty, THROUGH the Manufacturer, NOT BestBuy. However, Anyone in their right mind that buys a BestBuy warranty is not going to send it to the Manufacturer for that ONE year when they can take use of their BBY warranty they bought that has the same coverage and more. BestBuy does not honor the year of the manufacture warranty, They will not make your warranty take place a year later, etc....So yes, It does override the Manu warranty. If you want to deal with the Manufacturer for the first year when you bought a BBY warranty and consider 1 year of the term you bought truly wasted money, Have at it!

Nice try though, Think next time.
__________________

AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0