I am ready...

If an employer pull a stunt like that here he'll be in court to answer a suit.

I'll tell you how screwy SSI is, I get $754 a month from them and when I got RSDI along with it I thought I'd get $249 a month on top of the SSI but no, the SSI deducted from it because it's considered taxable income.

It stays $754 a month. I can't complain and I won't because my medical are free 100%. I'm actually better off that way.

Last edited:
That's right Celery, people would not tollerate not being paid for so long.

I just don't understand how his employer can get away with that crap.

We were making over 1800.00 a month. Now 1100.00 a month. That 700.00 bucks made all the difference.
Wow! That's a 39% cut, pretty steep. Where is that money coming from? Is it SS or is it SSDI? Why did the amount go down?

Were you forced into early retirement due to your medical issues?

Any chance of you or your wife making money via a side job of some kind? Maybe you could get a job as a phone based CSR, they generally need a phone line, a computer and an internet connection.

I read an article today that was talking about how the current US economy is quickly becoming the same as a 3rd world economy where there is no middle class only the have's and the have not's. Rich or poor, no in-between. Used to be someone in the US could have just a HS diploma and could go out and get a job making a decent living and afford to buy a house and a car and otherwise take care of the family. That American way of living is disappearing rapidly.

It's Trump behind this. He's cutting government benefits. Because of him my SNAP benefit (food) got cut in half.

I turned 65 on the 20th. I had ssdi. now just ssi. I was forced to go into a early retirement because of a bad accident in 1987. I continued a different job till 1991. I haven't worked since. I have a hard time picking up anything over about 30 pounds. I have a hard time climbing and my back looks like someone took a baseball bat hit me about 50 times. They can't help me with that. so..I continue with this crap till i die....
I plan to change these things to help till Deb can get a job again. Drop all my pay channels from cable. Cut down to one phone. take out the storage shed. Cut down the payments on credit cards to minimum payments let the truck go for now. let the house go till she is getting money again. Cutting down usage of a/c and heat along with gas for cooking. Cutting down the dr. visits and cutting back on meds. Only taking the most important ones and cutting the other ones out. Less co-pays. I may shut down the weather station. No working on the model railroad unless i already have the materials on hand. Drop Medicare A. or is it B? Those cuts will get me about 680 in cuts. Close enough for me. That will work till i can get more funds coming in. for now, thats about all i can do. One thing we can't live without is internet. If we have to move, We will up the gb's on the plan and use it for internet on this and Debs computer. We cut it back but if we move we can up it as needed. I may not be able to use this computer but i have the tablet and Deb has her laptop. We have solar panels and plenty of battery so we are ok there. Can use inverter for Microwave and have a couple of mini converters that can be plugged into battery that can handle charging batterys on tablet, phone and her laptop. We found another court in another state that is about 70 bucks cheaper. don't know what they have for internet and tv in that area. That is if we have to move from here. Also don't know what they charge for electric. Ain't life a bust???:D

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

It's Trump behind this. He's cutting government benefits. Because of him my SNAP benefit (food) got cut in half.

hehe, yeah, I get a whole 16 bucks fore both of us....:rolleyes::facepalm:

Now that's a joke. Mine's $41 now. Was $82.

I bought a mini freezer to keep food like hot dogs and salami. Cheap stuff.

Yeah, in my room.

90+ piece chicken nuggets for $7 is a good buy. Still buying canned food though, veg and meat.

All that keeps. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Both, Just like a regular fridge

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Just for fyi, Mine costs over 1000.00 depending on the size. Can run up to over 1800.00. All sizes from 4.0 cu.ft. all the way to 11.0 cu. ft. This one i have is the original that came with the rv.

When corruption reaches an extent, employers not paying salaries and many other stuff could happen as if it's okay.

Life sucks :p

Back
Top Bottom