I am ready...

Sorry strollin it's not a myth. My tube amps always sound better than solid states and I had a table top tubed radio that sounded so good that a friend took it behind my back.
I'm glad you straightened that out for me with your expert opinion! I'll bet tube computers are more accurate as well.

Tubes rule!

I guess I'm not an old fogie then. I have 4100 movies plus hundreds of TV shows on my Plex server

I looked at plex a while ago, and iirc it had some paid components that i just wasn't willing to pay for. so all my movies are in a folder on my j: drive labled 'movies' and tv shows are in a folder labeled 'torrents':whistling:

I looked at plex a while ago, and iirc it had some paid components that i just wasn't willing to pay for. so all my movies are in a folder on my j: drive labled 'movies' and tv shows are in a folder labeled 'torrents':whistling:
Plex does have some paid "Premium" features but I've never used them as the free version does everything I need (and more). The free version would definitely give you features far beyond what you get with simply having your stuff saved to folders on your j: drive.

I had to go look it up since it's been a while, but now i remember why I didn't go with plex. The mobile apps cost money and they want to charge to let me use my tv tuner/dvr.

And while my stuff is just saved to a folder, it is accessible remotely using a server app.

My dad has a plex server on the NAS he built, and it is pretty slick, but i'm cheap and lazy, so i'll just make due with what i got.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Plex mobile apps are a one-time cost of $4.99. I bought it once for Windows, once for Android and once for Roku. After that, I can install it on all of my Windows, Android and Roku devices.

I have it installed on 3 Windows machines, 2 Windows tablets, an Android phone and an Android tablet and 4 Rokus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom