I am ready...

Yes it is! A royal pita! The rubber patch will be in tomorrow. He was out today. Once this is done, it's back to the truck. Both sides, inner and outer tie rods. Another pita!!:lol: never a dull moment! I now have two hard drives with three total os on them. 7 and Linux on one and windows10 pro 64 bit on the other. So far everything is playing nice. So I have that to play with. Always have to have fun. I am surprised that 10 seems to be rock study. Wonder how long.... maybe the pro will make the difference.:whistling:
I have the winter coming up and between the computer and setting my train layout back up, should keep me busy all winter.;)

Ugh, TV. :sick:

Why I have 1000+ DVDs of movies and TV seasons.

And a brand new DVD player to back up in case.

Since I haven't turned on my TV in months (if not years) it still have plenty of life left.

You just play them on the computer? My tv is a way bigger screen. My desk and desk area is not big enough for a large screen. I have a 18.5 on the computer and a 32 tv with 5.1 surround and a vhs/dvd recorder and cable with the hd and premium channels. Tv for me is Movies!! Maybe a mash fest. Star trek something like that. Regular tv no, thats Debs thing.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Roof sealed again. Its really showing its age! Sun does a lot of damage. I think i may have to do a rubber coating on it. That makes it look better but not really the best for the roof. I have a few other things i want to get done before winter sets in. Went swimming after the roof work. Still feels so good!

I have a 32" TV and a 23" monitor on my PC. I like to watch on my PC but I have a DVD recorder on my TV which is still good. I also have a VCR/DVD player but the VCR is broken and I never used the DVD part so I guess it's still good.

Still I bought a DVD player for backup since it was only $25. That way I have something new. ;)

I have three dvd units i can use on the computer, 2 installed. One VCR/DVD recorder i use a lot. Bedroom tv has a dvd installed in the tv itself. And last count, have over 800 movies. can't remember exactly how many but have enough to keep me going for awhile.

LOL, I have my computer upstairs and 50'' tv downstairs, and use a chromecast to play the movies from across the house. qloud server transcodes them into something readable by the chromecast, and then I use my phone as a remote. DVDs are for old fogies...

LOL, I have my computer upstairs and 50'' tv downstairs, and use a chromecast to play the movies from across the house. qloud server transcodes them into something readable by the chromecast, and then I use my phone as a remote. DVDs are for old fogies...
I guess I'm not an old fogie then. I have 4100 movies plus hundreds of TV shows on my Plex server (and constantly adding more). I can watch my movies or TV shows from my computer or any TV in my house. I can also watch any of my movies or TV shows from anywhere I can get an internet connection. I can watch using my phone, tablet, laptop, etc...

When I travel, I have a 128GB microSD card that I copy a bunch of movies and TV shows to and then I can watch them on a plane or in a campground, anywhere I don't have an internet connection.

Plex also allows me to search by title, sort by genre, actor, date, etc... It also provides info such as DVD cover pic, movie description, rating, release date, actors, etc... Plex is free and is the best multi-media server I have encountered and I tried a bunch.

Ugh, TV. :sick:

Why I have 1000+ DVDs of movies and TV seasons.

And a brand new DVD player to back up in case.

Since I haven't turned on my TV in months (if not years) it still have plenty of life left.
Even though I have a large collection of movies, I still watch TV during the regular season when there are new episodes of shows playing. Once the shows go into reruns, then I stop watching TV and start watching the movies/shows from my Plex server.

I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime so can watch movies/shows from there as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom