I am disappointed in Texas justice...

Celery

Golden Master
When it comes to DUIs.

Last night my nephew told me what he has to go though regarding his 3rd DUI situation. On the 14th he'll be given a device that he has to blow into 3x a day for alcohol. He has two court dates at the end of this month, one regarding his license and other the charges. He's got a lawyer and he'll get probation instead of prison.

What bothered me is when he asked me to look up a guy who owe him $400 and he just got out of prison after serving one year for DUI. That guy has a long history of DUIs dating back to 86. I scrolled though several arrests of his including 3 DUIs in one month. Some of them were in other towns beside San Antonio.

WTH ?? After all that he got a one year sentence? He should get life !!!

We have a serious DUI problems here. I read about it in the news every freakin day here in the good ol San Antone including people getting killed and property damages by these drunks.

Where are the judges who promised being tough on DUI? Hello? Anybody there?

Now for the opposite.
A friend of mine had gotten a 10 YEAR prison sentance on his second DUI because he had several open containers. After his first year, he was allowed out under the condition that he had full screening for Alcohol and Drugs. He had to do this for 9 years, and only failed the test once. That was less than a month before he was supposed to get off. He is now back in prison for the full 10 years for having a few beers. Not while driving mind you, just for failing the test when he was supposed to blow. His BAC.... twice the legal limit. That may sound like a lot, but its actually little more than a buzz. Not good to drive on, but again, he was not driving at that point.

How does your nephew get away with that crap, and my friend gets the full sentance??? Even if they do let him off in another couple of years that is still so much harsher.

@ Draygoes WTF!? He is clean for over 9 years, has a couple beers and has to serve full 10? wtf!!?? That is completely overly stupidly stupid.

So it's gotta be the judge. Can you ask him to come down and preside at my nephew's trial? :whistling:

wow.. A family member got a DUI, one month in jail or community serves or pay a 1000$
Lost his license for a year,

^^^That makes me wonder. Draygoes' friend got a ten year sentence, where's the money in that?

When you're paroled and you violate it you get screwed big time.

Now we'll see if my nephew's lawyer get him a suspended sentence or probation.

Back
Top Bottom