Hurricane Sandy

There was no lack of understanding, any fool watching TV or reading newspapers know the east coast copped the brunt of the storm.....
No need to argue with halfwits.

Indeed, so my reccomendation would be to bring the thread away from this "halfwit" who has clearly upset / irritated a couple of you.

I think there are still some sensible messages of encouragement and discussions of your recoveries that can be had here. Let's get the trhead back on topic.

The one thing i would like to know if who after 3 days of the storm being over comes up with an estimate of 50 - 55 billion $ worth of damages?
I mean where do you even begin evaluating the cost of a storm that big?

Indeed, so my reccomendation would be to bring the thread away from this "halfwit" who has clearly upset / irritated a couple of you.

I think there are still some sensible messages of encouragement and discussions of your recoveries that can be had here. Let's get the trhead back on topic.

The one thing i would like to know if who after 3 days of the storm being over comes up with an estimate of 50 - 55 billion $ worth of damages?
I mean where do you even begin evaluating the cost of a storm that big?

I think they work off statistics from the past like the last one at New Orleans in 2005 from hurricane Katrina which Cost $105 billion dollars, so they would have an idea what damages Hurricane Sandy has done compared to Hurricane Katrina.... then again I could be wrong.

From what I can find now, it seems they have adjusted the number to around $20 Million.

I don't normally bring up dead threads, but here's a new article that more accurately details the total cost of the storm.

New York, New Jersey put $71 billion price tag on Sandy - Yahoo! News

They put it at around $71 Billion dollars. There are a bunch of other numbers to consider as well:
Sandy destroyed 305,000 houses in New York state
Sandy also caused nearly 2.2 million power outages at its peak in the state

Just a small reminder that there is still a massive need in the area affected by the storm...

Back
Top Bottom