Hurricane Sandy

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
"Frankenstorm" has hit hard this past Monday setting records. Still no power in my building, roads and buildings are closed while some traffic lights aren't working in my area. Have you been affected and if so, how are you coping?

:angry: all i have had is rain for 1 week straight. THANKS SANDY!!!!!! there aren't any power outages in my area. But i live in Canada so unfortantly i get the worst of the storm. Besides rain for a week or two straight now, i also had trees that were knocked down, but other than that., nothing

Last edited:
...there aren't any power outages in my area. But i live in Canada so unfortantly i get the worst of the storm....

:confused: I hope that's a mistype. You get the worst of the storm? I'm sorry, but that can't be true.

-40-some odd thousand gallons of water blocking the tunnel from Brooklyn
-3-4 weeks before people will get power
-Just under 3 feet of Snow in West Virginia
-Wind gusts in excessive of 100 MPH
-$60 Billion estimate of damage

I don't think anyone outside the East Coast can be mad about anything Sandy has caused them. I'm sure they'd all gladly change places with us.

Tech Explorer, hope your safe and hope everything gets back on track for you soon.

:confused: I hope that's a mistype. You get the worst of the storm? I'm sorry, but that can't be true.

I don't think anyone outside the East Coast can be mad about anything Sandy has caused them. I'm sure they'd all gladly change places with us.

Tech Explorer, hope your safe and hope everything gets back on track for you soon.

Sounds like a nerve has been touched . . . . .

:eek: :nonono:

The storm did reach millions of people and everyone was effected in some way, I think it's important to keep in perspective. Sure, we had really high winds and some snow, but as I stated, it's nothing compared to the east coast.

The power was restored yesterday and some roads reopened and some traffic lights were
fixed. The only thing left for me from the storm are two alarms that are still going off (I put in a call to, HA HA, building management). Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom