Natalya1

Daemon Poster
Hellllo everyone!

uh, just introducing myelf..

the name is natalya, live in Sydney, Australia

im a network engineer

and i love soccer and pc's =)

haha t00dles! :p

Hey, how's it going? Word of warning: the guys around here act like drooling dogs whenever a girl joins the forums. Did you guys hear me? No drooling!

Anyway, I hope they're not too bad this time around. Welcome to the forums!

I know two girls that are Software Engineers and the third one is a Systems Engineer. I'm trying hard to get into those fields but apparently, I'm not qualified. Those women are doing easy stuff like training the staff how to build a complete PC systems, troubleshoot software problems, test new software, etc. Such easy feat and something I know that I can do, but I'm a just guy who lacks expereince. That is why I'm making up for it by getting my Bachelor's.

Anyways, I babbled long enough. Welcome to the forum. How's the PC build coming along?

haha its good its good! lol i decided to change the intel dual core for the Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz you suggested, also i changed to that ABIT Fatal1ty motherboard too haha all is good but now im way over budget! lol its like $3500 now! haha oh well it will be worth it!

spank_fusion said:
Hey, how's it going? Word of warning: the guys around here act like drooling dogs whenever a girl joins the forums. Did you guys hear me? No drooling!

Anyway, I hope they're not too bad this time around. Welcome to the forums!

Haha, fine. Down boy! Down! :p Haha...just kidding! :D

Welcome to CF! Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask any questions without feeling scared about the fact that we're lonely geeks who have no girls. Haha...just kidding, AGAIN! :D Anyhoo, peace out!

Oh wow!!! Can't believe you did it. I know it's a steep price, but you got one hell of a computer system. Actually, $3500 is pretty good. Alienware or other private PC makers charge like $4000-$5000. What did your friends say about it? Did you order the parts already?

Natalya said:
haha its good its good! lol i decided to change the intel dual core for the Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz you suggested, also i changed to that ABIT Fatal1ty motherboard too haha all is good but now im way over budget! lol its like $3500 now! haha oh well it will be worth it!

Well, show us the list so far. I'm sure you can rationalize somethings and maybe take out some components that you don't really need. You never know...

Ok, Complete list for natalya's (extremely over the top) wonderful pc parts:

ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

Corsair - 2GB (2x1024) DDR2-667 PC2-5300

Western Digital - Caviar 200GB 7200rpm 8MB x 2

LG - GSA-4167BBK 16x Dual Layer (OEM) Black

LG - DVD-ROM Drive GDR-8163BBK 16x, Black

Samsung 730BF 17'' 4ms monitor

1.44MB 3.5" Beige (Multiple Face Plates)

Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound

Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop

Logitech QuickCam Pro4000 (OEM)

Thermeltake UB1000SWS case

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

ok.. i think that covers everything ahah

overkill mate!

If you feel the price is too high, you can try this for replacements:

eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130215

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103546

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130484

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145449

That should shave off $700+ off of original quote. You may get a dropoff in performance from the specs I gave you originally, but it's still quite a performer.

Do you really need new keyboards and mice? If you already have some, then just use those. That way you save money and you won't waste anything. Same with the Floppy. If you don't need it, don't get it.

EDIT>>> But it is a very nice system! :D I would gladly have it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom