How would you guys react?

Customs is f**king ridiculous. Between my dad and I, we got a laptop, PDA, both our cell phones, and my glasses stolen on the way back from the Dominican Republic.
They told us not to carry on any electronics with dead batteries because they would be taken, and we ended up getting everything stolen anyway. The effing plane company didn't even pay for the stuff.

And guess what, the 50 cigars I had in my bag that I never checked with customs got through completely unnoticed.

Yeah, I don't like customs very much. They're a lot worse than the TSA.

Customs is f**king ridiculous. Between my dad and I, we got a laptop, PDA, both our cell phones, and my glasses stolen on the way back from the Dominican Republic.
They told us not to carry on any electronics with dead batteries because they would be taken, and we ended up getting everything stolen anyway. The effing plane company didn't even pay for the stuff.

And guess what, the 50 cigars I had in my bag that I never checked with customs got through completely unnoticed.

they cant take a thing without a warrant. with that much stuff i would have forced them to produce one.

they cant take a thing without a warrant. with that much stuff i would have forced them to produce one.

Acutally yes they can. With any country you go to, you need to know what you can bring, and what you can't, otherwise it's theirs.

The flaw though, it's not an un-reasonable seizure if your not allowed to bring it in so they wouldn't need a warrant.

Should they decide to take oh, his watch, then yes they would need a warrant, but if it's on the not allowed list, it's your loss.

I wouldn't have got annoyed, for the same reason. They are just doing their job, and I'd much prefer that, than for them not to have done, and risked letting a terrorist in, armed with a bomb.

Airport security is just doing there job, but they dont do it well. Here are 4 stories, only 3 related to security.
1. I just got back from a diabetes conference in Florida, so we had to fly from milwaukee to get there, and so did my friend Ethen, who I knew from a past conference. Leaving Florida we flew out of Orlando. A lil while after getting home I had Ethen over, and he told me when he flew out, they checked his moms bags, and found a bottle of sunscreen, so liquid, they had to throw it out, later on the flight, he told me she was going through her bag and pulled out a pair of scissors, not the safety siccors, real pointed scissors and all, a lil stupid on securitys part maybe?
2. Not about me, but another about Ethen. At one airport, his insulin pump set off the metal detector that you have to walk through, usually it doesnt set it off. So, he took it off and handed to the guard, and said, "DONT send it through the Xray machine as it will break it, and that is my life in your hands." Altho he has backup supplys, backups are a pain in the ass too use. So he walked through the detector again, the guard sends the pump through the Xray machine, and now its a $6000 paperwieght. A new one was sentby animas within 2 days to the resort they were staying at but still, a pain in the ass to do injections instead of the pump. A little stupid on securitys part?
3. Another story not related to me, but my friend Andy. Andy was coming home from vacation and was airport security. He had a mesh bag for carry-on. Sent it throught the Xray machine, and after it came out the guy at the machine said, "DONT TOUCH THE BAG, we need to search it." So he looked at his bag, and being mesh, he could see his pocket knife sitting right there in the top of the bag, and thought, Oh well they will throw away the kinfe, big deal. Nope, they pull out a container of deodorant, and say, "This is what was suspicious, you can go now" And let him board the plane with a knife. So at least if you are going to kill someone with that knife, you wont smell great, lol. And thats all that matter right?
4. Not security related again, and about andy again. Andy is a paintballer, and he was flying home from a paintball war. He was sill wearing his digi camo pants, and a hawiian t-shirt, and had just come from Florida, and as he got off the plane, 2 women came up to him, and started leading him to the place where they take troops returning from Iraq. He must have been fighting pretty damn hard in that war in Florida, lol.

Anyway, if you read all that, thats my airport stories that arent really mine, lol. Everything went fine for us, except they threw out our sunscreen too, lol.

Ah Milwaukee security sucks, I think I had the story of how my hunting knife got through that earlier in this thread. With the scissors though, that's tools of trade which are allowed up to cirten length. I had actually seen some get through so I asked a guard about that.

I had a nail clipper confiscated from me, yet people come on with nail files. Go figure!!! They are profiling me!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom