How should I go about getting a new computer?

I'll be honest with you. You don't need a new computer. The one you have is perfectly fine for your needs. Save up for something more important.

Honestly I have had great luck with Asus boards. I had an A8N32SLI-Deluxe and I'm on an Asus Commando which is working great. My Intel D975BX2 on the other hand now fails to post, which is why I'm on my Commando. I was pushing NB voltage pretty high though.

Eh man just save up you got a job? I know your always buying speakers instead of buying those save up and buy comuter parts

asus is shit,don't buy it arrizx

asus is really good, obvioulsy you have never owned one of there products.

also dont bother buying another 7600GT in SLi. you can get better performance by downgrading something else to buy a new video card. SLi is overated IMO, its horrible bang for buck too, your frames just slightly increase in games that are built with SLi in mind.

Crossfire would be the only reason i would buy 2 of the same vid cards. it is much better than SLi, and now you dont have to use the dongles anymore. how do i know crossfire is better? 2 2900XT's beat 2 8800Ultras :)

get something like a 8600GTS, or maybe the 8900GS when it comes out

With motherboards you get what you pay for , dont bother buying a board thats less than a hundred dollar and expect to overclock impresively high cos it aint gonna happen and if it does you get lucky . However if you dont plan on overclocking a mid proced board will work well and not cost too much
My board cost just under 60 dollars and although it was cheap it still has a pci 16X slot for a decent gpu and a coupla sata ports and although it dosent overclock massively high i can take my processor up a lil bit , the main reason i needed a cheap board was cos it was the only one in my price range with two IDE channels , If i have some spare money in the future i might upgrade it , or wait for AM3 to come out and then keep this as a spare

asus is really good, obvioulsy you have never owned one of there products.

ok let me change my sentenceI've never had nothin but shit for luck with them i had 3 of there boards and they all burned out for some stupid reason and i checked with loads of people also had the same board and used it fine for years,like my cousins,uncle,aunt etc. etc. point is ive had nothin but trouble with em and im done

also thanks for the mobo advice guys i don't over clock and i found a fairly good intel board for around 129.99 cdn

I called a computer tech today, and I still cant figure out the damn problem with newegg... ah!

It's driving me up a wall.

Back
Top Bottom