How should I do my room?

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, you decorators out there, I need some assistance..

Next week, my little brother is going away, so, I am going to decorate my room. I have a budget of about £250-300, and require, carpet, and paint, then some accessories, which I could spent a little over.

I want my room to just generally look nice, and modern, but not too modern, more..cosy.

So, I have picked out these so far..

Cream/White carpet, with a cream, stripy rug..
Then, white wallpaper, with just a cream/bague paint..
Then, big artists saxophones, framed, and then a fridge, and maybe a chair..
2X Big mirrors, to make the room look bigger

Does anyone know any nice color schemes, I really want this to go well, because im moving out within the next few years!

A sweet color scheme would be something along the lines of a black, and a blue and a white. ''Stylish" and ''Modern'' although, id never do that. I prefere the oak furniture, with a hazy white/green carpet, and black computer, black moniter, black TV etc. Just like my room :D I can take a pic if you want.

Anyways, I really have to say forget all that. Get some posters of like Scarface, Die Hard, Deep Blue Sea, etc.

Some shiz like this

847109.jpg

425441.jpg

821462.jpg

Well everything you said sounds good. But cream walls with cream carpet seems kind of boring. Try to get different colors in their man. I'm thinking blue and black. That would look sick with a bunch of poster of your favorite bands.. :)

I was going to go neutral you see.

ArrizX - I have, two black monitors, black case will be here friday, I have my black ps2, silver television - doh! And then black keyboard, mouse, etc. Well actually, the k/board + mouse have silver on, so it will match the television!

Could you post pics of your room? please..

Just redid my room. White/cream carpet is definitely a good choice; get the soft kind though :)

I painted my room a color called "moss" at Lowe's - kind of soft greenish bluish, and it looks really nice and only semi-modern. Change the outlet/switch colors if they are that old gross yellowy color to white. The white looks SO much better.

SOFT green and white are a really good color scheme
White and anything is always a safe color scheme.
Generally pastel colors are nice, but just make sure it doesn't look like a baby's room or something... Sometimes pastel can look like that; you just gotta be absolutely sure you've got a good color.

I wouldn't go with anything cream colored for the wall b/c eventually that'll start to just look like the wall got dirty.

Depending on what color you paint/wallpaper your room, make SURE the frame matches! For instance, if you paint your room a color such as green, blue, or something like that, make sure the frame isn't gold; silver and white are best. If the room is white, black and gold look best.

Thanks 07mackenzie, good advice there.

I did try give you a rep point, but I have to spread some round, because I think I gave you one a few days ago.

May we have some pictures please, it's extremely hard to know what to do without picutres.

Also i recomend enlisting the help of some local females, as femininne people usually have good design senses.

May we have some pictures please, it's extremely hard to know what to do without picutres.

Also i recomend enlisting the help of some local females, as femininne people usually have good design senses.

(my friend thinks) before you decorate underneath the wallpaper you should write in red paint "i shall kill again" and see wat the people do when they move in and take down the wallpaper. jk btw
Bang-Head.gif

Back
Top Bottom