Votes: 2 28.6%
  • every 10+ years?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • when it breaks down? or

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • something else

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Frankly, I upgrade when I get the urge. I recently went from an i7-860 to an i7-3770K simply because I wanted to build a new machine. I gave the old machine to my daughter.

I've never had a computer "breakdown" to the point where it wasn't fixable and I've had a lot of computers over the last 28 years that I've owned them.

The number of years I've had a particular computer doesn't play a part in when I upgrade, mostly I get the urge because of some newer technology or feature that comes along.

This ^

The only difference is my old machines go to my son. That uncontrollable, addictive urge to build a new machine, over takes my common sense about once every 3 years. :)

I just got my new PC two months ago. I got a good and fast machine now. My old one was still working fine after eight loooooong years, but it was so old and slow and for the last couple of years I couldn't play any of the new games on it. And there was no way of upgrading it since all the plugs had changed meanwhile, so I just had to get rid of it. Eight years is a long time to keep a PC. Probably too long. I'm not the kind of guy who wastes stuff and throws something away when it is still working fine, but in this case I just had to buy a new one. However, if my new PC should have any trouble like a total virus breakdown or something, I still got the old one and can put it back on my desk anytime.

Back
Top Bottom