how much is too much

flxjones

BSOD
is it just me or does every male feel like they're competing against everyone else all the time? I always want to win, be the smartest, first, be the best ALL the time, I mean who doesn't right? Don't get me wrong tho, when and if i'm wrong, i accept it and i am not obnoxious about it. But i feel this burning sensation inside hating myself for losing or whatever. I know that its good to be competitive but up to what extent?

Too much is when your playing soccer and the ref flags you red and you go take a corner flag and ram it through him...you get the idea. But lol if your not doing that then your fine :p

I know what you mean... Always try and be the best at everything, makes yourself feel good. But what the goal really is... being affirmed. If you win something great, but no one cares, then you don't feel great. But if you do good on a test, and the kid next to you says, "congrats" you feel more accomplished. Or if someone you care about comes up and tells you how great a friend you are too them, you feel MUCH more accomplished. At least I think so.

^Perfect, that's what I was going to put but I decided to be a little bit more morbid lol

thanks atomic rooster! wow. how ironic. i receive a compliment and i feel REAL good. i guess i got this many replies bcus it applies to about "99%" of those ppl. i think it applies to ppl that are into math, pcs, etc.... bcus there's always that ONE smart*** you want to put in check (no offense to anyone) but its true. there's a lot of competition going on between ppl about 120 iq.

*above (not above 120 iq)

The only thing I compete in is my rig with my friends and family. Pretty much my current computer is the best out of them, which is why there wasn't much for me to want to upgrade.
Other than that, I pretty much am the best on the stuff I care about, and the stuff my friends and family care about, I don't compete on those as they aren't really my interest.

Back
Top Bottom