Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
BSOD

Default how much is too much

is it just me or does every male feel like they're competing against everyone else all the time? I always want to win, be the smartest, first, be the best ALL the time, I mean who doesn't right? Don't get me wrong tho, when and if i'm wrong, i accept it and i am not obnoxious about it. But i feel this burning sensation inside hating myself for losing or whatever. I know that its good to be competitive but up to what extent?

flxjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Guru

Default Re: how much is too much

I'm the same way, but it only applies to sports.

By the way, welcome to CF!

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
BSOD

thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Too much is when your playing soccer and the ref flags you red and you go take a corner flag and ram it through him...you get the idea. But lol if your not doing that then your fine

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I know what you mean... Always try and be the best at everything, makes yourself feel good. But what the goal really is... being affirmed. If you win something great, but no one cares, then you don't feel great. But if you do good on a test, and the kid next to you says, "congrats" you feel more accomplished. Or if someone you care about comes up and tells you how great a friend you are too them, you feel MUCH more accomplished. At least I think so.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

^Perfect, that's what I was going to put but I decided to be a little bit more morbid lol

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Not bad. For only two posts on this forum, you have nailed about 80% of the members who post here.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
BSOD

thanks atomic rooster! wow. how ironic. i receive a compliment and i feel REAL good. i guess i got this many replies bcus it applies to about "99%" of those ppl. i think it applies to ppl that are into math, pcs, etc.... bcus there's always that ONE smart*** you want to put in check (no offense to anyone) but its true. there's a lot of competition going on between ppl about 120 iq.

*above (not above 120 iq)
Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Same here. When it comes to school atleast
MetalOverlord76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The only thing I compete in is my rig with my friends and family. Pretty much my current computer is the best out of them, which is why there wasn't much for me to want to upgrade.
Other than that, I pretty much am the best on the stuff I care about, and the stuff my friends and family care about, I don't compete on those as they aren't really my interest.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote