How much money have you found all at once

Speaking of money finding, there was an old couple that found $100k that used to be the Hells Angels gang. Well, they returned it to the Police without knowing which money was it. Man, if I find this lot in my house, screw the cops! I'm keeping it!

I don't usually find money, loose change maybe, if that counts?.. 25 cents! Yes! a gumball :)

Wow. I'm just totally unlucky at finding loose money. Like one time, I walked right over a buck and my friend next to me says "Hey look! I found a dollar!" ><"

The most I found was $50. My friend was with me at the time so we end up sharing it. This was when we were 8 years old. It was within our condominium complex, laying on the grass. It was a crisp $50 and the ice cream man came by about 10 minutes later. We spent it all on toys, ice cream bars, candy, baseball cards, and whatever they had in the ice cream truck. It was fun.

I practically stepped right over a $100 bill, and my friend behind me saw it and got it.

TRDCorolla said:
The most I found was $50. My friend was with me at the time so we end up sharing it. This was when we were 8 years old. It was within our condominium complex, laying on the grass. It was a crisp $50 and the ice cream man came by about 10 minutes later. We spent it all on toys, ice cream bars, candy, baseball cards, and whatever they had in the ice cream truck. It was fun.

Haha, that's a cute childhood story. :p Now that I think about it, I've never bought from an ice cream man. There just aren't that many in my area. Most of them roam around parks or near schools but not where I live or go to school...

Years ago I was walking down a long pier with my wife to catch a ferry, when we noticed several banknotes blowing across in front of us, headed for the open side, & the sea, we both quickly gathered them up, & a used envelope with an address on, hurrying ahead, we spotted two rather elderly men walking together, I called out to them, & asked if they had lost anything, they looked puzzled then one said; some money, I said we'd found some, with an envelope, asking him what the address was on it, it was correct, they thanked us profusely, saying it was for a day out to London, there was about £150, I must say it made us feel good to do the good deed, & hoping that someone would have done the same for us, it might be a different these days, this happened 15 years ago, 'spect it woulld have been pocketed if it had taken place now, don't you think?

Brookfield said:
Years ago I was walking down a long pier with my wife to catch a ferry, when we noticed several banknotes blowing across in front of us, headed for the open side, & the sea, we both quickly gathered them up, & a used envelope with an address on, hurrying ahead, we spotted two rather elderly men walking together, I called out to them, & asked if they had lost anything, they looked puzzled then one said; some money, I said we'd found some, with an envelope, asking him what the address was on it, it was correct, they thanked us profusely, saying it was for a day out to London, there was about £150, I must say it made us feel good to do the good deed, & hoping that someone would have done the same for us, it might be a different these days, this happened 15 years ago, 'spect it woulld have been pocketed if it had taken place now, don't you think?
Yeah, sad to say it, but someone today would have just pocketed the money and thrown the envelope away, not even bothering to find out who's address it was or find the person who lost the money like you did calling to the elderly folks ahead of you.

found a wallet with 8000 francs in it in '98. about 800uk at the time.
was in a bar, late at night, i kept it rather than give it to the barman and tracked the owner down via his business card etc inside. he was over the moon. we met up, he thanked me, took my photo then took off.

i never did get a beer though...

damn tight bugger! :)

Back
Top Bottom