Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: How much money have you found all at once

Speaking of money finding, there was an old couple that found $100k that used to be the Hells Angels gang. Well, they returned it to the Police without knowing which money was it. Man, if I find this lot in my house, screw the cops! I'm keeping it!

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

I don't usually find money, loose change maybe, if that counts?.. 25 cents! Yes! a gumball

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #13
In Runtime

Wow. I'm just totally unlucky at finding loose money. Like one time, I walked right over a buck and my friend next to me says "Hey look! I found a dollar!" ><"
livemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #14
Golden Master

The most I found was $50. My friend was with me at the time so we end up sharing it. This was when we were 8 years old. It was within our condominium complex, laying on the grass. It was a crisp $50 and the ice cream man came by about 10 minutes later. We spent it all on toys, ice cream bars, candy, baseball cards, and whatever they had in the ice cream truck. It was fun.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

I practically stepped right over a $100 bill, and my friend behind me saw it and got it.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

about $20
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
The most I found was $50. My friend was with me at the time so we end up sharing it. This was when we were 8 years old. It was within our condominium complex, laying on the grass. It was a crisp $50 and the ice cream man came by about 10 minutes later. We spent it all on toys, ice cream bars, candy, baseball cards, and whatever they had in the ice cream truck. It was fun.
Haha, that's a cute childhood story. Now that I think about it, I've never bought from an ice cream man. There just aren't that many in my area. Most of them roam around parks or near schools but not where I live or go to school...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #18
Golden Master

Years ago I was walking down a long pier with my wife to catch a ferry, when we noticed several banknotes blowing across in front of us, headed for the open side, & the sea, we both quickly gathered them up, & a used envelope with an address on, hurrying ahead, we spotted two rather elderly men walking together, I called out to them, & asked if they had lost anything, they looked puzzled then one said; some money, I said we'd found some, with an envelope, asking him what the address was on it, it was correct, they thanked us profusely, saying it was for a day out to London, there was about 150, I must say it made us feel good to do the good deed, & hoping that someone would have done the same for us, it might be a different these days, this happened 15 years ago, 'spect it woulld have been pocketed if it had taken place now, don't you think?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Years ago I was walking down a long pier with my wife to catch a ferry, when we noticed several banknotes blowing across in front of us, headed for the open side, & the sea, we both quickly gathered them up, & a used envelope with an address on, hurrying ahead, we spotted two rather elderly men walking together, I called out to them, & asked if they had lost anything, they looked puzzled then one said; some money, I said we'd found some, with an envelope, asking him what the address was on it, it was correct, they thanked us profusely, saying it was for a day out to London, there was about 150, I must say it made us feel good to do the good deed, & hoping that someone would have done the same for us, it might be a different these days, this happened 15 years ago, 'spect it woulld have been pocketed if it had taken place now, don't you think?
Yeah, sad to say it, but someone today would have just pocketed the money and thrown the envelope away, not even bothering to find out who's address it was or find the person who lost the money like you did calling to the elderly folks ahead of you.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #20
In Runtime

found a wallet with 8000 francs in it in '98. about 800uk at the time.
was in a bar, late at night, i kept it rather than give it to the barman and tracked the owner down via his business card etc inside. he was over the moon. we met up, he thanked me, took my photo then took off.

i never did get a beer though...

damn tight bugger!

parismouton is offline   Reply With Quote