Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #41
BSOD
 
King of Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

florida over a dozen times
texas
washington
kentucky
tennesse
__________________

King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #42
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield


YOU INSENSITIVE IDIOT!! I suffered mentally as a kid, hearing what they were doing in Europe, my mother lost her younger brother in France, due to their "brilliant tactics", & as a 12 year old boy, I stood & watched in our back garden, as the glorious Stuka dive bombers screamed down, releasing their bombs on Portsmouth Dockyard, killing the workers, Iwish you had experienced it, perhaps you wouldn't be such a Nazi lover, I've sent you a negative "rep" point.
DON'T YOU EVEN DARE CALL ME A FUCKING NAZI LOVER! JUST DON'T! It was uncalled for, especially when I said I didn't mean to sound morbid about it. If you think about it from a tactical point of view, it is brilliant. I never said anything about the lives that were lost. So don't you even dare call me a Nazi lover, ESPECIALLY when you hardly know me. I don't give a damn if you're a moderator, but calling me that is unacceptable.

I understand that it is natural, like DJ-Chris said, to get mad over things that have affected your life, but I did NOT in any way intend to offend you in that way. I'm not racist, I'm not a supremacist, I'm don't in any way think like a Nazi, so don't you even dare call me a Nazi lover. Don't even fucking dare.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #43
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Id seriously have to agree. That was a pretty dumb comment on your part alvino.
It was not "dumb". It was misunderstanding. He thought that I approved of the way people were killed, when I did not in any way say that! From a tactician's point of view, it was brilliant! It was! Effective and fast.

Then there goes Brookfield blowing his top because he thought I was talking about the way people were killed as brilliant. Yeah, sure I was really laughing from that, oh boy, what a kneeslapper. Then that bastard goes and calls me a Nazi lover.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:46 AM   #44
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
DON'T YOU EVEN DARE CALL ME A FUCKING NAZI LOVER! JUST DON'T! It was uncalled for, especially when I said I didn't mean to sound morbid about it. If you think about it from a tactical point of view, it is brilliant. I never said anything about the lives that were lost. So don't you even dare call me a Nazi lover, ESPECIALLY when you hardly know me. I don't give a damn if you're a moderator, but calling me that is unacceptable.

I understand that it is natural, like DJ-Chris said, to get mad over things that have affected your life, but I did NOT in any way intend to offend you in that way. I'm not racist, I'm not a supremacist, I'm don't in any way think like a Nazi, so don't you even dare call me a Nazi lover. Don't even fucking dare.
Now, I'm not the only one to think that your comments were uncalled for, read their posts, & to keep it in perspective, yes I did blow up, but it was in the heat of the moment, but at least I didn't use obscene language, I'm not deleting your offensive words, to let others see how you reacted, as for me being a mod, I don't hide behind that, this is person to person all my life, I've said what I think, take it or leave it.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:54 AM   #45
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
It was not "dumb". It was misunderstanding. He thought that I approved of the way people were killed, when I did not in any way say that! From a tactician's point of view, it was brilliant! It was! Effective and fast.

Then there goes Brookfield blowing his top because he thought I was talking about the way people were killed as brilliant. Yeah, sure I was really laughing from that, oh boy, what a kneeslapper. Then that bastard goes and calls me a Nazi lover.
Yeah, I jumped the gun at saying that. I apologize.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #46
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Now, I'm not the only one to think that your comments were uncalled for, read their posts, & to keep it in perspective, yes I did blow up, but it was in the heat of the moment, but at least I didn't use obscene language, I'm not deleting your offensive words, to let others see how you reacted, as for me being a mod, I don't hide behind that, this is person to person all my life, I've said what I think, take it or leave it.
What was uncalled for? Saying that the Blitz, from a tactician's point of view was brilliant? You still don't get what I was talking about, do you? I wasn't trying to offend you by saying that it was brilliant as in a good way of killing people, I would never say that. Like Root said, I do respect those who lived through such trying times, but I never intended to say it the way you thought I meant to say it.

Either way, I'm sorry if you thought it was uncalled for, even though the intention of my whole post was misunderstood (even some said that, but you beat them down telling them not to defend me). However, I do feel hurt that you did call me a "Nazi lover", because I in no way, thought what the Nazi party did was right. I do not approve of Hitler's racist and nationalistic views, not even close.

That's the problem with everyone...when you think of Germany, all that comes to the mind is: Nazi! It's sad that the Wehrmacht (Germany's army) is so stereotypically thought of as Nazi supporters. The fact is, that most weren't. Most of those young soldiers were just fighting because they were called to do so by their fanatical leader (then brainwashed by all the nationalism).

Anyways, I digress. There, I've apologized, take it or leave it. I don't want this whole thing to blow over because of some little misunderstanding. Trust me, you misunderstood the intention of the post.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #47
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Yeah, I jumped the gun at saying that. I apologize.
Pity you apologised.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #48
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Well, I wanna stay cool with everyone. So i try and be the good guy.. Lol
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:38 AM   #49
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
What was uncalled for? Saying that the Blitz, from a tactician's point of view was brilliant? You still don't get what I was talking about, do you? I wasn't trying to offend you by saying that it was brilliant as in a good way of killing people, I would never say that. Like Root said, I do respect those who lived through such trying times, but I never intended to say it the way you thought I meant to say it.

Either way, I'm sorry if you thought it was uncalled for, even though the intention of my whole post was misunderstood (even some said that, but you beat them down telling them not to defend me). However, I do feel hurt that you did call me a "Nazi lover", because I in no way, thought what the Nazi party did was right. I do not approve of Hitler's racist and nationalistic views, not even close.

That's the problem with everyone...when you think of Germany, all that comes to the mind is: Nazi! It's sad that the Wehrmacht (Germany's army) is so stereotypically thought of as Nazi supporters. The fact is, that most weren't. Most of those young soldiers were just fighting because they were called to do so by their fanatical leader (then brainwashed by all the nationalism).

Anyways, I digress. There, I've apologized, take it or leave it. I don't want this whole thing to blow over because of some little misunderstanding. Trust me, you misunderstood the intention of the post.
Take it or leave it?, I'll leave it then, I can't & won't forget your remarks, they hurt me too deeply on a personal level, let's just leave it, I won't be targetting you because of this whole sorry matter, I'm very straightforward & wouldn't dream of doing that, disclipline during my involvement in the armed forces taught me that.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:59 AM   #50
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: How much have you travelled in your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Well, I wanna stay cool with everyone. So i try and be the good guy.. Lol
Huh?
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0