Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

View Poll Results: What tipping plan do you follow?
I follow the 10%-15%-20 plan 7 35.00%
I follow some other plan 1 5.00%
I don't follow any plan. I pay what I feel like. 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
Daemon Poster

Since I live in Bali (don't go there it is rubbish) I have to pay a 25% tax for service so I don't leave a tip because I don't see why I should when I pay the service tax ??

rowcon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
Beta Member

Default Re: How much do you tip?

Tipping sucks. The business owner is paying people to serve you. You pay the bill. Why should you have to pay some one for doing their job? It should be banned. You guys from OZ have the right idea.
Having said that, I have to admit that I do tip, but 20 percent!!! you are having a laugh.

Taff Rees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
Baseband Member

I usually pay what I feel like. Also it depends on how the customer service was
Jabituq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
In Runtime

I don't follow this unwritten and sometimes presumptuous social habitual ruel of tipping people all the time, just for doing their jobs, which, BTW, they already get paid for. IF I ever tip someone, it's usually 'cause I'm in a good mood and generally really am thankful (I'm rarely THAT nice to a complete stranger) such as a while back I was in a good mood and tipped the pizza delivery guy a few quid. xD
Der-PC-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #25
Fully Optimized

I tip about 20-25% on average. :-)
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-PC-Mann View Post
ruel of tipping people all the time, just for doing their jobs, which, BTW, they already get paid for.
Sometimes, but not always. At least here in Wisconsin (can't speak for other states but I think it's the same) a restaurant is allowed to pay their wait-staff less than minimum wage because tips are supposed to make up the difference.

That could be different in England so that's all with a grain of salt

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #27
MMM
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Sometimes, but not always. At least here in Wisconsin (can't speak for other states but I think it's the same) a restaurant is allowed to pay their wait-staff less than minimum wage because tips are supposed to make up the difference.

That could be different in England so that's all with a grain of salt
I think the businesses are ripping off their workers if paying less the minimum wages & expect tips to make it up...
IMO tips are for workers who give that little bit extra service and should be rewarded for it, not to be taken advantage of by the business.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #28
In Runtime

Would you tip if your server were a manager or the owner? I recently ate at a place in NJ where the manager refused a tip because he was the manager. Also, in NY, I recall eating at a place where the sign said don't tip the server.
Tech Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
Daemon Poster

I'm a big believer in paying for what I get. If the service is slow, and the server acts like he/she is doing me a favor even waiting on my table, I've been known to leave as little as 25 cents. I purposely leave a quarter, rather than nothing, to insure that the server knows I didn't forget, the quarter represents what I think their service was worth.

On the other hand, if the server is cheerful which adds to the enjoyment of my meal, and his/her service was excellent, I'll leave as much as 30%.

In fact, I wish we could go back to how the TIP (To Insure Performance), was originally administered.

A person when first sitting down to a table would put money in the middle of the table so the server could clearly see it. As the meal progressed, the patron would add/remove/leave the money, so the server could see if the patron was satisfied or not. The server had a running status on his/her performance.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #30
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
I'm a big believer in paying for what I get. If the service is slow, and the server acts like he/she is doing me a favor even waiting on my table, I've been known to leave as little as 25 cents. I purposely leave a quarter, rather than nothing, to insure that the server knows I didn't forget, the quarter represents what I think their service was worth.

On the other hand, if the server is cheerful which adds to the enjoyment of my meal, and his/her service was excellent, I'll leave as much as 30%.

In fact, I wish we could go back to how the TIP (To Insure Performance), was originally administered.

A person when first sitting down to a table would put money in the middle of the table so the server could clearly see it. As the meal progressed, the patron would add/remove/leave the money, so the server could see if the patron was satisfied or not. The server had a running status on his/her performance.
I would do that except that I can see where the server would grab the money before the meal was done. I would wait for the meal to get done before leaving a tip.

Tech Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote