How much do you tip?

What tipping plan do you follow?

• I follow the 10%-15%-20 plan

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I follow some other plan

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't follow any plan. I pay what I feel like.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
I follow the 10%-15%-20% plan where, e.g., I made it 20% because my barber cleaned my glasses.

How about you? What do you do?

I pay according to the custom of the country, plus a number of other factors.

This. Bear in mind tipping etiquette varies hugely between country and country - here in the UK it's very much a case of what you feel like, in other countries you can be immensely frowned on if you don't follow a certain rule!

In the US, I usually try to tip between 10-15% unless the waitress/waiter was extremely good or bad. It also depends on if I use cash or credit. If I use cash, it will depend on what small bills I have and what kind of change I get back.

I used to deliver pizzas and I always made sure that if I was supposed to give someone change that was under $7, I always gave it to them in all $1's so that they could have the option of giving me $3 or $4 instead of just $2 or $5 (because I would most definately get $2 and not $5...:lol:)

I typically tip between 15 and 20 based on service. But as other's have echoed if you go to a place like France where tip is included in the bill I don't pay anything extra.

We must be about one of the only countries in the world that do not tip but then again the wages paid to the work force are really good.

Back
Top Bottom