How many of you have friends borrow stuff...

Celery

Golden Master
from you and never returned them?

Yesterday a friend asked to borrow a tool and I told him that I don't have any to loan.

Don't you have tools? (he knows I'm a mechanic)

Oh yeah, two boxes full.

And you can't loan me a wrench?

They're not for loans. All the tools I had available for loans are all gone. Nobody fucked returned them.

I looked at him to see if he got the significance of what I said. He shrugged and left.

Yeah, some friend. :rolleyes:

Remember the saying, "Watch your enemy close but watch your friend closer?"

That holds true.

I has no friends...

Lucky you. The real friends I have I can count on one hand, even if I had fingers missing. :rolleyes:

The rest are your friends when they want something.

By the way Dan, you have to keep a set even though you'll never use some of them but you'd never know.

Like I said I have two sets. My old box from my jobs and a box I put together to carry in my car. All the tools are from Harbor Freight and they are quite decent made. I used some of them and they fit perfectly. Also lifetime warranty.

Hell, the tools at Walmart don't even look that good and they cost more.

Last edited:
Yep Harbor Freight has good tools! I keep the most and really good tools in my box in the shed. There is a box of tools that harbor sales for like $200.00!! Has 1/4, 3,8 and 1/2 inch sockets in standard and metric. Screwdrivers and Wrenches all kinds of goodies. For 200. 00 can't be beat. I keep that in the truck. I keep other tools like a floor jack in the tool box behind the cab. I feel for the one who trys and take them. I have a old coil hooked up to it. If that doesn't do it one of my pea shooters really should do it!!

Old coil from truck. I put a new one in. The old one didn't look all that great. Tools are in plastic fastening side to tools inside. Ground to tool box. Turn off switch in cab. I tried it already and got a good shock out of it! :D

About 40 years ago, I bought a pair of hedge shears. Before I had even used them myself, a buddy asked to borrow them. He brought them back the next day all bent and mangled and simply said, "They bent!" I asked him to replace them and he wouldn't, his take was that they were cheap and that's why they bent, it wasn't his fault. I argued that it didn't matter whether they were cheap or not, he used them improperly (tried to cut branches that were too thick) and the right thing to do was for him to replace them. We got into a big argument over it and our wives came out to find out what we were yelling about. His wife took his side and my wife took my side. Now there were 4 of us arguing over these stupid shears. He eventually replaced them but still felt it wasn't his fault that they bent. After that, no more lending of tools.

Back in the Win XP days, I had an MSDN subscription so had all the various Windows versions. My son would ask to "borrow"an XP install disk. I'd never see it again. This kept happening so I eventually told my son, "No!", when he asked to borrow an XP install disk. I told him to use the others that I had lent him. Turns out he was giving them to his friends.

"Neither a lender nor a borrower be!"

Back
Top Bottom