How many of these can you hear?

Those noises remind me of the annoying ones that come from power supplies that are still plugged in but nothing taking any power out of them :mad: Normally you only hear them when your trying to get to sleep and then fumbling around to try and find what is causing it :D

Usually 50Hz or 60Hz 'low frequencie hum' from power supplies that contain a step-down transformer.

uhm...it is true that speaker quality does affect how high the pitch it can play.

In my physics class, we tried to play like 17 khertz and it wouldn't produce a tone.

If you have crappy speakers, it's most likely the reason

^ just tried it again, starting from 18.8, the sound is very very very very FAINT.

You wouldn't really hear it unless you knew when it started and ended.

I just cant hear 22.4, or my speakers are peaking

uhm...it is true that speaker quality does affect how high the pitch it can play.

The Frequency response, not the quality, is what determins the 'range' of frequinces an audio transducer will re-produce. Other factors will come into the equation when mounting the 'speaker' in a baffle.

If a speaker has a Fq of 200Hz to 3000Hz -3dB down, regardless of whether the speaker is hi quality or low quality, it will re-produce these frequencies.

The 'Cheap' speaker might not last long of be made of substandard materials and in the latter where the different materials cause a differernt Fq then these will be defined during testing.

EDIT: Also low quality speakers might not accurately re-produce the signal you feed them with.

In my physics class, we tried to play like 17 khertz and it wouldn't produce a tone.

Because the speakers Fq doesn't cover 17KHz. It probably rolled of below this frequency in which case you would need a 'tweeter' to reproduce the tone.

If you have crappy speakers, it's most likely the reason...

...That you have a 'lo-fidelity' re-production.

^ just tried it again, starting from 18.8, the sound is very very very very FAINT.

The above tests contain a lot of noise, harmonics and hum. So you might think you heard the 'tone' when in fact you heard the noise, hum and added harmonics that make up these bad quality tones.

You wouldn't really hear it unless you knew when it started and ended.

Some of the tones contain glitches at the start and end.

I just cant hear 22.4, or my speakers are peaking

Peaking?

Thats because there isn't actually a tone.

Listening to those make my head actually hurt for some reason.

I could hear up to 19.9KHz.

lol, if you click the radio button next to 22.4 and get result now:
You are a liar
You claimed to be able to hear a tone that contained absolutely no sound!

Back
Top Bottom