How long does it take for your system to boot up?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I just restarted my PC and it took a whopping 3 minutes 42 seconds just so the hour class goes away and I can finally click on something.

I saw the Windows screen like 45 seconds into boot, but all those apps and whatever really took a big chunk of time.

About one minute to get to the Windows XP login screen and about another minute for my start up programs to load up.

It takes about a minute and a half to load up, it was shorter until I installed object dock, just trying weigh up wether it is to keep or not, specially when the quick launch bar does more or less the same thing, (for launching programs that is) I can see the benefits, for those widget type things but they just seem to sap resources

mines about 50 seconds to get to the login screen and then about 30 seconds to log in and load all the programs...
ARG SO LONG!!!!! lol.

Chris

Hmmm, I got the slowest time here. I'm going to have to do a reformat and perhaps make partitions on it (not right now, got school in progress). I'm on a single partition right using an 80GB SATA150 hard drive.

On the school computer, the PC specs are:

Celeron 433MHZ, 160MB RAM PC-133, 6.4GB HDD

That thing takes 9-12 minutes to get out of the boot screen, then, another 5 minutes, if not more to load it. 20 Minutes to wait for Windows 98!!!

Back
Top Bottom