How to learn about computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantus

Solid State Member
How did you guys learn how to hack computers? I don't mean to just come here and get all this great info,i was just wondering were someone would look to learn this stuff. From other hackers? I know enough about computers to get me by. I don't spend much time on the computer either,but i do like to try new things every now and then. Maybe there are some sites or books i can get,to teach me more? Actually,i am not just asking about hacking. I said hack because i figured it would be the hardest thing to do or at least one of the hardest. I would also like to learn ways to make my comp faster and other things like that. thanks for repys

this should be in security and hacking but i aint able to move it for some reason
ok yeh its gd that you want to learn it your self and not have some one tell it to you(which no1 would do n e way)
all i can realy say is use the right words on google and you will get the results you want

mantus said:
How did you guys learn how to hack computers? I don't mean to just come here and get all this great info,i was just wondering were someone would look to learn this stuff. From other hackers? I know enough about computers to get me by. I don't spend much time on the computer either,but i do like to try new things every now and then. Maybe there are some sites or books i can get,to teach me more? Actually,i am not just asking about hacking. I said hack because i figured it would be the hardest thing to do or at least one of the hardest. I would also like to learn ways to make my comp faster and other things like that. thanks for repys

Possibly one of the most important things if you want to learn how to hack, is having patience. If you set your heart onto learning something (anything - an instrument, coding, art etc) you can accomplish it - but only if you realise that you're not going to be able to do something just days after starting to learn. Things take time to learn, especially something like hacking ; it can take years to learn simply because of all the new computer products coming out (thus you'll have to learn each new products' exploits etc). If you have patience, and a will to learn (which you seem to), then you can do it. Look up some simple tutorials, simple things like DOS prompts (getting another users IP through messengers etc), and computer ports, and gradually work your way up. Also start thinking about ways to mask your IP through the net/messengers.

Hope that helps.

Becoming a hacker is no overnight business. It takes a long time. Most people drop out and give up halfway.

I,actually,thought i did put this in Hacking/Security,but i guess not.... I have patience. I need alot of patience in my work,but i don't get enough time on the computer to learn all this. I will read and learn more,though. I know how long it takes to learn some things. It took me years to learn to type fast and learn the little about computers,that i know now. Thanks for the help :)

Why don't you learn something worthwhile and get a degree in computing instead of trying to be a haXor? All a haXor does is try to break into someones computer. Boring as hell plus u could get arrested. There are too many apps available to trace anyone who connects to your PC remotely so it's not worth it.

Look at some overclocking guides if you want to increase performance from hardware. Operating System tweaks are useful too. Google is your friend (the search engine www.google.com or altavista)

what ever you do dont learn to hack so you can break into computers for fun, black hat, if you wonna do it for the chance to increase your programing ability then maybe practise what you learn on another computer that you own so not to get into trouble

hmmm, (to be pedantic)
Hacking would be a great thing, the *true* meaning of the word is to work with a computer system or program for it's continued improvement.

Cracking however is bad. (thats the real name for what most people call hacking. think about it, you go safe cracking, not safe hacking!).

Yes, acking takes lots of dedication, a simle search for zero group or zero day will probably put you in touch with people who il lead you down the path of cracking, (and ultimatly you untimly arrest just as soon as you though you'd covered all your tracks!).

Cracking/hacking (illegally entering/breaking a computer) is a worthwhile thing to learn though, if only because it will make you more able to defend against hacking attempts should you decide to work in IT.

little advice if you dont want to get cought then dont do it in the first place
by all means if you have time to spare take it up furthur your knowledge but nver do it for the fun of braken some one elses computer

Stuff the computer side, Social Enginering is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom