how to join copper...

dude_se

Proper Legend
i need to know some methods of joining copper together. im making a light at school and it has copper bits. i just need to join some tall copper bit to a copper base, pretty random i know and im failing at the minute. does anyone know of any methods and/or have some good links? oh and if you have suggestions for a different base thats cool. its got some random bits which will be copper and the light will go in between some how. i just need to write about the joining methods :(

You could probably solder them, they do that for copper piping, so it might work.

Raffaz said:
You could probably solder them, they do that for copper piping, so it might work.

cheers ill get writing about that now. my teacher suggested one idea which was to create holes in the base and slot the things in and bend them at the bottom. i dunno if that has a name.... im pretty crap with stuff like this

ok i attempted to write about soldering. its just basically a big flame gun thing (dont know the name) instead of a soldering iron and then the solder isnt it?
any other ideas aswell?

i don't think you can solder two chunks of copper and expect them to hold together. It works to join two pipes but that's different.

Ð88 said:
i don't think you can solder two chunks of copper and expect them to hold together. It works to join two pipes but that's different.
so it wont work at all :confused: as long as its a method i can write about it and just say that its not a very good one to use..

Back
Top Bottom