How to get rid of a woodpecker

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I have a woodpecker that.....get this.......goes on the roof, sits on my television antenna and taps on the pole. Then goes and taps on the roof a bit, then back up to the antenna pole and taps some more. You can hear it clearly from inside the house. It usually does it in the morning when I'm trying to sleep.....lol

Any ideas on what I can do to get rid of this thing?? I'm not opposed to killing it, but how?

I had the same problem. Then I took out my BB gun :) It won't kill it. Might wound it a little if your close. But at most just sting. Mine just flew away pissed off xD

Yeah, it's on the second story though, I can't imagine I'd get a good shot from the ground, but trust me, I'll try that if it comes down to that.

That spray looks interesting, perhaps I'll look more into it.

I wonder if I put some grease on the pole or something....

That spray looks interesting, perhaps I'll look more into it.

I wonder if I put some grease on the pole or something....

Lol I can picture that Hahahaha
Oh I might do that haha Maybe try it with some squirrels. Grease a pole put some peanut butter on top haha

He wont hang around long. After a while he'll get the idea that he can't bore into the antenna and look for a better spot.

He wont hang around long. After a while he'll get the idea that he can't bore into the antenna and look for a better spot.
You would think so, but the thing is....it has happened since last year! Probably the same woodpecker too. Maybe it likes the noise or something.

You would think so, but the thing is....it has happened since last year! Probably the same woodpecker too. Maybe it likes the noise or something.

Ha. Yeah they are evil little things. There was one that would hit this tank that was empty just outside my house. But was technically my neighbors so we couldn't do anything about it. They came back every year.. For a long time. Yeah. For some reason doesn't come back anymore hehehehehe:p

You can only put up with it for so long. Once we had a "Nutcracker" that would continually tap on our window until it got to the point we had to shoot it. They just don't seem to stop.

Back
Top Bottom