How "Geeky" or "Nerdy" are you?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Well, some times I read things on here (or other places on the web) and wonder how geeky everyone else is. Truth be told, computers are my only source of "geeky-ness".

I'm not a fan of cartoon shows (like anime or whatever it's called). I hate Sci-Fi movies/books, dislike comic books, hate RPG games, and I don't understand people who have a chronic gaming addiction (like 3 or 4+ hours/day).

So, I'm not here to judge (at all!) anyone, I'm just wondering, "How geeky are you!?"

I don't know. But the poll is kind of flawed, since my definition of "Geek" or "Nerd" might be different from yours.

So far, my Geek/Nerd hobbies are...
RPG/Video Games
Computers (Programming, building, diagnosing)
Solving Puzzles (like Rubik's Cube and Sudoku)

So how do I rate? Do I just add my hobbies and use the number? IE mine would be 3.

Nah. You don't have to add hobbies. Just in general, how geeky are you....in your own mind. No right or wrong way to calculate. And geeky doesn't have to be the status-quo things that I listed...it could be band-geeky, even.

So in other words, everyone should use their own definition of the word and calculate how they see fit.

For instance, I would probably say I'm a 2 or a 3.

Erm. I guess a ten? I tend not to really sit and think about it. To outsiders, I guess I'm a 'geek' or a 'nerd' but I just have interests that are different from people who come up with these terms in the first place! :p

I've got this compulsive need to correct people about like 90% of stuff. Like my friend called a micrometer a caliper. I freaked out.

I guess to people that know little about computers / servers etc... I would be a 10 but I am far from a geek. I do not wear a pocket protector, have LED T-shirts, wear a USB Storage Key around my neck or hang out at Best Buy shootin the breeze with the Geek Squad LOL

Back
Top Bottom