How do you deal with stress?

Don't think I get stressed, get little problems (like cant decide what to have for breakfast) but being quite a happy person I can most times find a bright side :D

Stress is a funny one.

I generally go for the "power through it" method which means ignoring stress, in the last couple of months I was extremely stressed but I refused to let it get to me.

Me and the Mrs were in a terrible financial situation which was the main cause of my stress, I was under a lot of pressure at work and I felt like I was under a hell of a lot of pressure to keep the Mrs happy, she was also very unhappy at work and our financial situation was getting her down and I was "the strong one" I was the one constantly saying "don't worry love it'll be fine" and I think because I had to be the "strong one" this put additional stress on me because I felt like I wasn't allowed to be worried about money or work etc because I had to pretend everything was fine for my Mrs.

This was a big mistake.
It essentially meant that I wasn't remotely happy, I was hugely stressed and I felt like I had no one to talk to about it because I wasn't allowed to let people know I was stressed.

But this leads me onto how I eventually dealt with it, TALK TO SOMEONE.
Depending on the stress you are under talking to someone may not directly resolve your stress but it certainly helps. "A problem shared is a problem halved".

For anyone that's interested I got to a point where I was so stressed I went out and got absolutely sh1tface drunk, punched a lot of walls and anything else around my and crawled home to the Mrs in tears where we had a big open heart to heart and a long chat and it felt like a weight lifted!

I find something to occupy my time that keeps my mind off whatever is bothering me. Time management is a good way to keep stress down. Keep time for finishing homework and going to work (if applicable) but make sure you have time to just sit down and chill (watch a movie, read a book, take a sledge hammer to a computer :cool:, whatever you find fun). This past week I've been working on getting six desktops working I've had sitting around. Cable management is another thing I find fun because I use my brain for problem solving, which keeps my mind off stuff that's going on. Even something as simple as getting 6 older desktops running I ran into several problems I had to look up and figure out. Of course it's no fun if you don't hit a problem every now and then. :)

Hell if you think about it, We now live in a society when students are going on stabbing/shooting rampages and teachers are raping and beating students, There may be some truth to this. That aside, Ya got me.

School is stressful? When did this happen?

School has always been stressful, and those adults who recognise that "real life" is more stressful than "school life" are forgetting that, with the exams, work course works, tens of different subjects, (statistically most of with you won't naturally excel at) pretty much zero control of your time and other pressures regarding peer groups etc IS stressful...

On top of that life experience is against you as you have not learned to deal with stress at that particular point in your life.

Adult life is arguably more stressful, but it's a different kind of stress,
when you're in school, if you lose your job (assuming you work part time) then you loose some beer or cigarette money, you might not be able to afford a magazine, or not be able to do something this summer with your friends any more.

As an adult, if you lose your job, car house etc follow...

School has always been stressful, and those adults who recognise that "real life" is more stressful than "school life" are forgetting that, with the exams, work course works, tens of different subjects, (statistically most of with you won't naturally excel at) pretty much zero control of your time and other pressures regarding peer groups etc IS stressful....

I get stressed when I have a heap of assignments to do and I am worried I won't get them done but I do. In school most people would get stressed of course especially when you have big exams or tests coming up or something similar to that..

Back
Top Bottom