Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


View Poll Results: What would your response be?
Change lanes? 4 21.05%
Ignore him? 7 36.84%
Speed up? 0 0%
Slow down? 1 5.26%
Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead? 0 0%
Honk at him? 0 0%
Yell at him, with or without obscenities? 1 5.26%
Flip him the bird? 2 10.53%
Or some combination of the above or something else? 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

I usually lounge in the slow lanes with the big rigs. I've seen enough shit that I don't see any reason to speed more than 5 over, and frankly, Ohio state troopers are force to be recognized with. I don't wanna get pulled over by them.


That said, when I do have asshats driving around me, I do what I can to get out of their way and ignore their asshole tenancies. No need to get stressed out, and if they can't pass me I try to find a pull off soon to get out of their way. Like I've said, I've seen enough shit that I'm not gonna start road rage wars with people because they wanna go faster than me or something stupid.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #32
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
I usually lounge in the slow lanes with the big rigs. I've seen enough shit that I don't see any reason to speed more than 5 over, and frankly, Ohio state troopers are force to be recognized with. I don't wanna get pulled over by them.


That said, when I do have asshats driving around me, I do what I can to get out of their way and ignore their asshole tenancies. No need to get stressed out, and if they can't pass me I try to find a pull off soon to get out of their way. Like I've said, I've seen enough shit that I'm not gonna start road rage wars with people because they wanna go faster than me or something stupid.
My thoughts exactly!!!
I laugh my head off further down the road when the bozo's are pulled over getting the full letter of the law.
__________________

MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #33
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
My thoughts exactly!!!
I laugh my head off further down the road when the bozo's are pulled over getting the full letter of the law.
I'll settle for when they get off at the same off-ramp as you and hit the same red light if they don't get pulled over though
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #34
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

I generally go 10 over on freeways. But I only am in the left lane when passing. No matter how fast you are going, you shouldn't sit in the left lane unless the freeway is full. Someone always wants to go faster. And that's fine, I don't hope they get pulled over or anything. If they are driving like an ass, that's completely different. I go 70-80 on the snowmobile trails if they are smooth and clear enough too. On my bike I don't often speed to much though. And almost never go on the freeways. My bike has loud exhaust and people tend to think I am racing or something if I pass them on it. And then they have to accelerate, it's quite annoying.

I'm disappointed people here voted they would flip the bird, slow down, or other things like that. I don't understand why people think that because they want to drive slow that everyone else should as well. If people want to risk getting a speeding ticket, that's their problem, not yours.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #35
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
I generally go 10 over on freeways. But I only am in the left lane when passing. No matter how fast you are going, you shouldn't sit in the left lane unless the freeway is full. Someone always wants to go faster. And that's fine, I don't hope they get pulled over or anything. If they are driving like an ass, that's completely different. I go 70-80 on the snowmobile trails if they are smooth and clear enough too. On my bike I don't often speed to much though. And almost never go on the freeways. My bike has loud exhaust and people tend to think I am racing or something if I pass them on it. And then they have to accelerate, it's quite annoying.

I'm disappointed people here voted they would flip the bird, slow down, or other things like that. I don't understand why people think that because they want to drive slow that everyone else should as well. If people want to risk getting a speeding ticket, that's their problem, not yours.
We are not discussing road speeds we are discussing morons who think they own the road and go out of their way to harass you for getting in their way.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #36
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

That's not what the original poster was talking about, in the first scenario, the person just wanted you out of the left lane.

The second scenario almost never happens if ever. Or maybe I just never get passed by semis.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #37
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 433
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

MMM has read my intentions exactly with this thread. The left lane scenario is a common one on the highways - regardless of how fast you go, there's always someone who wants to go faster.

I don't mind my threads morphing as long as you're being responsive to the posts while trying to stay on topic. This gives breathing room to help the thread along which allows it to grow which in turn helps the community to participate.
Tech Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Well you shouldn't ever be cruising in the left lane, so the left lane scenario shouldn't come up (never does for me). And if you are "passing" by going .1 mph faster than the car next to you so it takes 10 miles, that doesn't count as passing.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
jmacavali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,867
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
I usually lounge in the slow lanes with the big rigs. I've seen enough shit that I don't see any reason to speed more than 5 over, and frankly, Ohio state troopers are force to be recognized with. I don't wanna get pulled over by them.


That said, when I do have asshats driving around me, I do what I can to get out of their way and ignore their asshole tenancies. No need to get stressed out, and if they can't pass me I try to find a pull off soon to get out of their way. Like I've said, I've seen enough shit that I'm not gonna start road rage wars with people because they wanna go faster than me or something stupid.

Ohio?! Where at? I'm from Ohio.

I'd have to agree, they are out in force and are good at what they do, that's for sure.
__________________
****************************************
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
****************************************
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #40
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Well you shouldn't ever be cruising in the left lane, so the left lane scenario shouldn't come up (never does for me). And if you are "passing" by going .1 mph faster than the car next to you so it takes 10 miles, that doesn't count as passing.
Slow vehicles should stick to the right in your country, so naturally you would use the left lane to pass these vehicles at times and does not give the morons the right to harass you....
But staying on topic is "how do you deal with them" as road bullies can harass you in any lane or single road regardless.
__________________

MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0